Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2023 12:34:51 PM EDT
I’ve been waiting for a Vaquero or Blackhawk convertible to become available for a couple of years, every time I look they’re OOS everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 12:41:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:50:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Look harder.  

Lipseys
View Quote

No convertibles at Buds, apart from the 22 versions.

Not sure if Lipseys has them or not, says it may not be available. I’ll have to contact them.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Just like Colt SAAs, they’ve always been scarce (past several years) and they’re pretty much if not all allocated…to places like Lipsey’s.

Try Gunbroker.
View Quote

Gunbroker probably is my best bet.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Look harder.  

Lipseys
View Quote

Nothing in stock. I've been keeping an eye out for a .357/9mm Flattop for quite a while.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it an exclusive? Those are always tougher to get. The wheel guns always seem to have a backlog and the longer they are out of stock the worse it is when they finally get built.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Center fire convertibles are going to be very difficult to find, especially new.

Gunbroker maybe.
View Quote

Any idea why?
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Is it an exclusive? Those are always tougher to get. The wheel guns always seem to have a backlog and the longer they are out of stock the worse it is when they finally get built.
View Quote

No, I’m not looking for a specific model, the only thing I’m worried about is barrel length.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#10]
There’s a bunch of convertible Blackhawks on Gunbroker.

Local shop has a 357/9mm stainless 6.5” ..
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

No, I’m not looking for a specific model, the only thing I’m worried about is barrel length.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Which one? I usually end up just constantly searching for the Ruger item number on sites like gun.deals and similar hoping to get lucky.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got a vaquero very easily. At first my dealer said he couldn't get any, about 15 minutes later he had a number of emails from distributors. Got it for about 25% off MSRP.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Which one? I usually end up just constantly searching for the Ruger item number on sites like gun.deals and similar hoping to get lucky.
View All Quotes

5.5”.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Pm me we just got a convertable from lipseys
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 7:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seven-Shooter] [#16]
I have nothing to add, other than this picture of my 4 5/8" flattop convertible.357/9mm:

I looked for years before it finally popped, and I ordered it right then.  Haven't seen another one since (many years now).  But I did just order some extended grips for it, and am waiting to see if some holster makers have some sales for Black Friday.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
I have nothing to add, other than this picture of my 4 5/8" flattop convertible.357/9mm:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129976/AD49F5AF-1494-4D9C-847B-2D0F0670507A-1363928.jpg

I looked for years before it finally popped, and I ordered it right then.  Haven't seen another one since (many years now).  But I did just order some extended grips for it, and am waiting to see if some holster makers have some sales for Black Friday.
View Quote

I wish they would do another batch of those.  

I’m about to overpay for a blued one just like it.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I got pickier in my search and as a result I still haven’t found one.

I decided I want a 5.5” stainless Vaquero convertible, preferably .45 Colt/ .45 ACP but .357/9mm would be fine. Been searching all this time with no luck.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#19]

I decided I want a 5.5” stainless Vaquero convertible, preferably .45 Colt/ .45 ACP but .357/9mm would be fine. Been searching all this time with no luck.
View Quote

@Sputnik556

I’ve been looking for the .357/9 convertible for a while and just came across this 45C/45 variant.

Not sure if they’re in stock and never ordered from them, but worth a call to see

Vaquero Convertible
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I work for a Ruger distributor.  The last batch of RUG00308 Blackhawk 357/9mm 4.62" blue was 10/31/2023 and the last batch of RUG00318  Blackhawk 357/9mm 6.5" blue was 5/25/23.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:35:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#21]
Originally Posted By jcast141:

@Sputnik556

I’ve been looking for the .357/9 convertible for a while and just came across this 45C/45 variant.

Not sure if they’re in stock and never ordered from them, but worth a call to see

Vaquero Convertible
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jcast141:

@Sputnik556

Vaquero Convertible

That’s what I need but holy cow that’s a substantial markup.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jagdkommando:
I work for a Ruger distributor.  The last batch of RUG00308 Blackhawk 357/9mm 4.62" blue was 10/31/2023 and the last batch of RUG00318  Blackhawk 357/9mm 6.5" blue was 5/25/23.
View Quote

Know anything about these?

https://ruger.com/products/vaqueroStainless/specSheets/5141.html
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:31:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Old_Fashioned] [#23]
They’re hard to find yes. I jumped on a vaquero convertible a few years ago. Was about 650 otd. It’s nice to be able to shoot .45acp.
Mines the 4 5/8 barrel. Accurate with both cylinders
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By eric496:

Nothing in stock. I've been keeping an eye out for a .357/9mm Flattop for quite a while.
View Quote

I wouldn't get too hung up on the convertible model. First Pistol I ever bought (1974 or so) was a used Blackhawk convertible in 357 with a 9mm cylinder.

I still have it and it shoots very well with light 38spl target loads , wild full power 357 loads and everything in between . The 9mm shot but accuracy was not at all exciting . Some reports claim the .357 barrel isn't a great match for the 9mm which is usually .355 . Other folks claim the chamber troats in the 9mm cylinder are funky..

In short grab a .357 gun and you will have plenty to play with.

At one time it was possible to send a 357 gun back to Ruger and they would fit the extra 9mm cylinder to your gun. I don't know if they still offer that service , what it would cost or what the turnaround time would be.
Give Ruger a call.

I have often thought about a 45colt 45acp convertible but I believe they are rarer yet. I own several S&W 45acp guns and plenty of 44mags both single and double action so the 45colt isn't very high on my want or need lists.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I wonder why nobody checks GunBroker when they're looking for a specific firearm?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ggibbs:
I wonder why nobody checks GunBroker when they're looking for a specific firearm?
View Quote

Do you know he didn't check? Seems like he wanted a new gun. Off the top of my head I know several people that have stopped or slowed buying from gunbroker. Have to pay sales tax, added fees by gunbroker, usually high shipping, lots of scammers. Gun you linked is 20 years old and unknown quality. Pictures looks good but there's always a chance problems exist that aren't easily seen.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:56:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#27]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Do you know he didn't check? Seems like he wanted a new gun. Off the top of my head I know several people that have stopped or slowed buying from gunbroker. Have to pay sales tax, added fees by gunbroker, usually high shipping, lots of scammers. Gun you linked is 20 years old and unknown quality. Pictures looks good but there's always a chance problems exist that aren't easily seen.
View Quote

Are you finished?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:40:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#29]
Originally Posted By ggibbs:
View Quote

I checked a few days ago and that wasn’t on there, that’s an old Vaquero (large frame) anyway, which isn’t a deal breaker but not my preference, I was looking for a new small frame.

I’ll keep an eye on the price and see where it goes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#30]

No, but it does have to be a single action.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#31]
https://grabagun.com/ruger-blackhawk-convertible-stainless-45-lc-45-acp-5-5-barrel-6-rounds.html

Otherwise, sign up for some in-stock notifications if you haven't already.  I've found it works great at Grab-a-Gun.  I've had several unexpected additions to my collection after receiving notifications weeks or event months after signing up.  

https://grabagun.com/bsearch/result/?q=ruger+convertible
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Dangus:
https://grabagun.com/ruger-blackhawk-convertible-stainless-45-lc-45-acp-5-5-barrel-6-rounds.html

Otherwise, sign up for some in-stock notifications if you haven't already.  I've found it works great at Grab-a-Gun.  I've had several unexpected additions to my collection after receiving notifications weeks or event months after signing up.  

https://grabagun.com/bsearch/result/?q=ruger+convertible
View Quote

Signed up for notification, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:20:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, heck I was in Buds in Lexington last week and they had some new Ruger Single Actions.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:05:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#34]

No convertibles at Buds, apart from the 22 versions.

Not sure if Lipseys has them or not, says it may not be available. I’ll have to contact them.

Thanks.
View Quote

That is one thing I hate about Lipseys or other places that list models.......that they don’t have and won’t have for a few years between production runs.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:19:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ExFed1811] [#35]
Single sixes are available everywhere again. I bought my third one last week (5.5 inch barrel convertible) at Academy Sports.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top