Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2024 5:57:44 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with how well cerakote holds up on a polymer grip?  I had a Glock slide done once and it didn't hold up well at all even under light-ish use.  I was a bit surprised, though it's possible the shop I used wasn't the best.

I think these look cool, wondering about durability.  They were done by Cerakote Services and sold through Omaha at some point.

Might be a better forum for this, wasn't sure...
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ken_mays:
With moderate to heavy use, it will wear off on the high touch spots.  A lot depends on the prep, of course.
View Quote

kind of what I was thinking but I've never had it done on any of my stuff.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
What Ken said.

The wear looks good, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Honest finish wear (not forced or "painted on") is just plain attractive on a firearm.

Abuse, scratches and so forth, are fun for your run-and-gun AR15 but not a 1911 style gun like your Prodigy.

Google Longmire's 1911 and hope you get to enjoy your SA long enough for it to look like Walt's 1911.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all.  I did end up buying one but just black.  The company that did those cerakote jobs said it'd be $100 plus return shipping.  For now, I'm going to stick with it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top