Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2024 9:57:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02]
Came across this on Midway by accident and don't see it anywhere on Springfield's website. Not really my thing, but kinda cool too.

ETA: The rollmark reads "Premier Grade." That's a new one as well.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026658191?pid=407479

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I know this is the dedicated 1911 forum so I can't say how I actually feel about them calling a base level gun with no front strap checkering "Premier Grade" but ok....

not crazy price which is nice, but I'd rather send it out myself to Turnbull or Tyler's for CCH and have some engraving done while we're at it. I like the finish, I have it on a Henry, but Tyler told me it will wear on a gun that's used or carried, which is part of the reason I haven't sent my Baer out for it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Revolvers from the 1800's should be case hardened

Classic 1911's should be blued

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Did a little searching and it looks like these are a collaboration with Tyler Gun Works via Lipsey's.

Some good photos of one at this link: https://www.gunsamerica.com/934940340/SPRINGFIELD-ARMORY-1911-GARRISON-TYLER-GUN-WORKS-LIPSEYS-EXCLUSIV.htm
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Lipstick on a pig.   Why put all the effort into a budget 1911?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Looking at the pics on the Guns America add.......... The Extractor is not even fit straight  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SnprPSG1:
Looking at the pics on the Guns America add.......... The Extractor is not even fit straight  
View Quote

I noticed that too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wvfarrier:
Lipstick on a pig.   Why put all the effort into a budget 1911?
View Quote

Springfield frames and slides are very well made, and they make a good base for a custom gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top