Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2024 1:21:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew]
Howdy,

I have a KRD Hi Power magazine with the 17 round extended base plate/floorplate. It works fine, but the base is plastic and I have the feeling it'll fail eventually. I want a replacement lined up, and I wouldn't be mad if that replacement had an even greater capacity.

So, does anyone make an extended metal baseplate and spring that will fit a Hi Power magazine?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard that Mec-Gar makes something like that for Beretta mags that will work with Hi Power mags but I have not been able to confirm this.  I had actually meant to ask about that.  I suppose you could also hunt for a Mec-Gar 20-rounder.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
According to a Mec-Gar representative what I described above will not work as the magazine dimensions at the bottom need to be different from those for standard metal floorplates to work with the extensions. Not even all Beretta mags work with them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Crap, but thanks for verifying that that approach won't work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
I've heard that Mec-Gar makes something like that for Beretta mags that will work with Hi Power mags but I have not been able to confirm this.  I had actually meant to ask about that.  I suppose you could also hunt for a Mec-Gar 20-rounder.
View Quote

Pierce Grip used to make +2 for the BHP. I got some of the last parts they had.

I do have a printable one on thingiverse based on the Pierce Grip.
Top Top