Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2023 10:51:49 AM EDT
I have a 1975 Belgium Hi power. I have had it for years and have put 1000s of rounds thru it. I have not shot in a while. The last time I had it out I had a failure to eject. I didn’t think about it. Sunday I was at a Steel shoot and I had a few FTEs. The brass was reloads that have been shot a few times. I also shot a box of Blazer brass 124 fmjs.  I had one FTE. When I got home I looked it over. The extractor has a little slop while holding a case. I am not sure how tight it should be.

So I think I need an extractor. It is the factory original extractor. I have read a few posts on different forums on the subject. Some say the Browning replacement needs no fitting others say that it needs to be tweaked. I am not sure on a factory replacement or a C&S one. C&S says that theirs needs to be fitted. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bob .  I also posted this on 1911.com
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Might be just a spring.  BH sells various HP springs and they do have a kit with all the pertinent extractor/ejector components.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/index.php/product/hipower-9mm-extractor-ejector-optimization-kit/?doing_wp_cron=1691423037.2618799209594726562500
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top