Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 1:23:12 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I really like these FEG models. Civilian SMC 380 , 380 acp on top.  Military/police FEG R-61 9mm Mak. on bottom.

Regards
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Had the 22 version several years ago.  Fun little gun when it wanted to work.  Finicky about ammo and liked to be kept clean, very clean.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
My first gun ever was an SMC380.

I found one that is being turned over to a gun wholesaler for "store credit" by a police department and the sales guy said I could have it for $75.  So looks like I'll have twins.  The 380 version I have has never had any kind of ammunition quirks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Just ordered two brand new mags off eBay for $70

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]
That's why I got rid of my SMC380.  Aim Surplus had them at one point for $149 and the one I bought had a mirror finish bluing.  The mag eventually cracked and I couldn't find one that didn't cost half the price I paid for the gun.  Don't make the mistake I did and try a Triple K mag either.  I thought I just need the mag body and will use the FEG spring and follower.  Still a useless mag.  David
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought one back in the 90s.

Shot a mag through it. Hated it.
Gave it to a friend who did the same. He sold it off after 1 mag as well.

It worked fine, it was just lousy to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ridgeline:
Bought one back in the 90s.

Shot a mag through it. Hated it.
Gave it to a friend who did the same. He sold it off after 1 mag as well.

It worked fine, it was just lousy to shoot.
View Quote

I wear XXL gloves.  The SMC380 gives me "slide bite" if I don't have the correct grip.

It definitely ain't taking the spot of my Shield or Glock 26.  Just a toy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought one for a girlfriend years and years ago. Shot the crap out of it. I liked it. She liked me in many, many, dirty ways for it, enough said.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked at one back in the mid 90s. Guy I knew was a cop in DC and carried one as a backup.  
He said it was at least as accurate and reliable as his .380 PPK and best of all he didn't feel bad when he dropped it on the concrete.  

I bought one the next day and as long as you only shoot hadball ammo its been 100%  Definitely not my worst firearms purchase, but
I'm not sure given the choices today that it would be on my "buy" list now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an RK-59. I gave my son a 61. I believe that's a PIP 59.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an SMC in .380 ACP;

as well as a few more FEG PP’esque pistols including an AP9S, and an APK9S (9mm Kurz/.380:ACP) imported by Interarms, as well as an APK7S (7.65 Browning/.32 ACP) imported by TGI.

The latter are commercial pistols (“AP” versus “PA”) with steel frames. Interarms started importing them as a backup to their Manurhin made PP pistols back when Walther was ending the Manurhin manufacturing arrangement and bringing PP series production back in house.  The fit and finish on them is excellent.  The TGI imported pistol is well made but not quite as nicely polished and blued.

——

The SMC is my least favorite to shoot, and it’s also much more ammo sensitive than the others.  It’s very picky with hollow points and if I were to carry it for self defense I’d limit it to FMJ bullets due to reliability issues with hollow,points.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone make a kydex iwb holster for these?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Really like the FEG Makarov. Snappy and makes a great CCW with an extra mag in the pocket.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By prosecondman:
Does anyone make a kydex iwb holster for these?
View Quote

still looking. Any good holsters?
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#14]
A holster for Walther PP or PPK/PPKs might fit the FEG especially if they are leather or nylon.   Slight differences in trigger guard shape might be a no go with Kydex.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#15]
The FEG SMC-918 is a great pocket pistol, and a number of leather holsters made for the Walther PPK will fit it very well.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought one in the mid 90s. The slide is not the easiest to cycle by hand and it bites my hand when shooting. My wife carries it a lot now. It used to be my grocery store gun for winter, until I got my .38 snubby.

I melted the grips with gun scrubber too
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I have  a FEG Mark II .380 APK and I want to replace the grips because I don't like the thumb rest on the left side. There are so many Walther PPK/S and FEG( smc380. ap63, Makarov etc.) variants with different grips I don't know what's compatible.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#18]
The APK9S was imported by Interarms and any of the grips made for the steel frame APK7S or APK9S will fit regardless of who imported the pistol (Interarms and TGI were the two that imported most of them).

As you know it has a straight back strap unlike the alloy frame military variants such as the PA-63 which have a deeply curved back strap.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I had an SMC in 9mm makarov back in the late 90s. Gave about $150 for it brand new. Very accurate, like 2” at 25 yards accurate. Qualified it as a backup weapon for a security guard license and outshot everyone (even my own glock) with their duty pistols.

Sold it to a buddy of mine that worked for the same company and have regretted it ever since. If I could find one at a reasonable price I would buy another.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#20]
SMC is the most unpleasant shooting experience I've had I believe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top