Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2024 12:53:44 AM EDT
Hello everyone. I've been out of the Hi Power game for a long time, and the Turkish pistols definitely pique my interest. As much as I'd love to have a Belgian (or even another Portuguese) specimen in the stable, I don't have that kinda coin at the moment. I figured if I don't pick up a Springfield SA35, then a Girsan is the next logical choice. Who knows, maybe I'll be lucky and can get both

I've seen these frequently listed on the CDNN website, and they're currently on sale:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-hi-power-mc-p35-9mm-1-of-500.html

I must say, the traditional look with the blued finish and wood grips does appeal to me. And the price point to me seems reasonable, considering what's listed.

Do any of you have one of these? And if so, how are they? Are there any reasons not to buy one?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 5:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#1]
I bought the standard black Cerakote Grisan MC P35 last year from CDNN for $399.99.   I really like my Grisan even though it doesn’t have the class of my old 60’s era FN/Browning P-35 with dark blue and wood grips.  My Girsan does have better sights and ambidextrous safety which my old HP lacked.   I don’t really care for the look of Girsan front sight but shooting it is gtg.   I took the mag disconnect safety out of my Girsan and the trigger continues to improve with use.   The MC P35 trigger is very useable but not as good as the trigger I got on my RIA 1911 A-1 FS I bought last year.  I did read the Girsan MC P35 is basically a copy of a High Power Mark III so there are parts on the market if needed.

I don’t think the nice blued Girsan will hold it’s value as well as an original FN High Power.   The prices of High Powers and clones was ridiculous and I wouldn’t pay the asking price.  I wanted a shooter and I made the right choice for me.   I think it all boils down to personal taste and your wallet.   When it comes to buying firearms I buy what appeals to me and don’t care what anybody else thinks.

Grisan MC P35 Black Cerakote

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:38:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TAG_Match] [#2]
I. can’t contribute with experience, but man, that blued Girsan you posted is one fine looking pistol.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#3]
So I have the Girsan Match Ops version (light rail one with the straight trigger), an SA-35, and a pair of FN Mk3s.

The Girsan guns overall are pretty solid and faithful clones of the original FN, warts and all.    I think they offer an excellent value and make for a great gateway drug.  I like some of the crazy innovation they did with the Match Ops frame adding the light rail; that’s what I wanted from the new FN but we got that overpriced abomination instead.  That said, the trigger is pretty uninspiring, even with the tarted up mall-ninja version.  My Mk3s are pretty broken-in and feel great, so maybe someday the Girsan will get there too.  I dumped the lame Girsan grips for some nicer Lok ones on day one.  That blued version on CDNN does look really nice and I don’t think I’d be too compelled to muck with it on a visual level.

The SA-35 is absolutely a better gun overall.  Mine is an earlier one but it hasn’t broken the extractor yet.  I have two C&S replacements on hand just in case.  The trigger is absolutely wonderful.  I love the walnut grips and oem finish; no compulsion to change them.  It’s a pure joy to shoot, maybe even a little better than my 9mm Mk3 which is one of my favorite handguns.  The premium is worth it on the SA compared to the Girsan if the little details matter.  One of the few pistols that was just “right” out of the box.

All that said, I do want to get the ugly FDE Girsan and I’m looking forward to the “Inglis” branded “L9A1” SDS/Tisas will be importing this year.  The Turkish clones absolutely scratch the itch and make hoarding HPs fun without the cost of the original Browning/FN models.  And they all share the same reasonably-priced Mec-gar magazines so I have an excuse to make that pile bigger!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
I bought the standard black Cerakote Grisan MC P35 last year from CDNN for $399.99.   I really like my Grisan even though it doesn’t have the class of my old 60’s era FN/Browning P-35 with dark blue and wood grips.  My Girsan does have better sights and ambidextrous safety which my old HP lacked.   I don’t really care for the look of Girsan front sight but shooting it is gtg.   I took the mag disconnect safety out of my Girsan and the trigger continues to improve with use.   The MC P35 trigger is very useable but not as good as the trigger I got on my RIA 1911 A-1 FS I bought last year.  I did read the Girsan MC P35 is basically a copy of a High Power Mark III so there are parts on the market if needed.

I don’t think the nice blued Girsan will hold it’s value as well as an original FN High Power.   The prices of High Powers and clones was ridiculous and I wouldn’t pay the asking price.  I wanted a shooter and I made the right choice for me.   I think it all boils down to personal taste and your wallet.   When it comes to buying firearms I buy what appeals to me and don’t care what anybody else thinks.

Grisan MC P35 Black Cerakote

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53168492354_46eb8853f4_z.jpg
View Quote

I share your philosophy, I buy guns that interest me and will function well, not to be trendy or keep up with the Jones’s as the saying goes. I also agree, I’m not paying the ridiculous asking prices on the market. Totally nuts!

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:
I. can’t contribute with experience, but man, that blued Girsan you posted is one fine looking pistol.
View Quote

Thanks, and I do admit, the aesthetics really appeal to me and especially at that price. Whenever I buy a gun, function and practicality always come first with appearance a secondary consideration. But in cases like this, it’s almost the best of both worlds
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:30:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ProjectMayhem] [#6]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
So I have the Girsan Match Ops version (light rail one with the straight trigger), an SA-35, and a pair of FN Mk3s.

The Girsan guns overall are pretty solid and faithful clones of the original FN, warts and all.    I think they offer an excellent value and make for a great gateway drug.  I like some of the crazy innovation they did with the Match Ops frame adding the light rail; that’s what I wanted from the new FN but we got that overpriced abomination instead.  That said, the trigger is pretty uninspiring, even with the tarted up mall-ninja version.  My Mk3s are pretty broken-in and feel great, so maybe someday the Girsan will get there too.  I dumped the lame Girsan grips for some nicer Lok ones on day one.  That blued version on CDNN does look really nice and I don’t think I’d be too compelled to muck with it on a visual level.

The SA-35 is absolutely a better gun overall.  Mine is an earlier one but it hasn’t broken the extractor yet.  I have two C&S replacements on hand just in case.  The trigger is absolutely wonderful.  I love the walnut grips and oem finish; no compulsion to change them.  It’s a pure joy to shoot, maybe even a little better than my 9mm Mk3 which is one of my favorite handguns.  The premium is worth it on the SA compared to the Girsan if the little details matter.  One of the few pistols that was just “right” out of the box.

All that said, I do want to get the ugly FDE Girsan and I’m looking forward to the “Inglis” branded “L9A1” SDS/Tisas will be importing this year.  The Turkish clones absolutely scratch the itch and make hoarding HPs fun without the cost of the original Browning/FN models.  And they all share the same reasonably-priced Mec-gar magazines so I have an excuse to make that pile bigger!
View Quote

Thanks for sharing your experiences with both makes the of P-35.  I’ve been wanting the SA-35 for a while, but couldn’t locate one at all (let alone for a reasonable price). That, and I wanted to wait until Springfield got the bugs worked out too, much like you were describing and from other reports I’ve heard, too. The availability and pricing factors seem to be opening up a bit nowadays, at least from what I’m seeing in my AO.

At this point, I’d like to get that Girsan I posted and an SA-35, funds allowing. And, as you posted, I have no intentions of altering the Girsan if/when I get it in my stable. I’d be pretty content leaving it as is. Same for the SA, too. The ones I’ve seen are perfectly fine from the factory, both in appearance and with the trigger pull.

As for the Mec-Gar mags, well, I’ve already been stocking up on those

edited due to autocorrect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top