Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2024 11:14:08 PM EDT
I have a Hungarian FEG HP clone that I bought used and she’s a sweet shooter, so I’m looking to have some work done on her… I bought a no-bite hammer and sear  and an ambi safety since I’m left handed. Afterwards, I want to have a set of Novak sights professionally installed as well.

Anyway, I know this is a minor issue, but I’m looking to have all the factory stampings on the left and right sides of the slide professionally filled in prior to having the whole pistol Ceracoated in a flat black. I do not think they sell stripped slides WITHOUT markings for the High Power, so I am looking to go this route.

Also, I am not looking to have the factory information grounded off since the end results might not be what I want in the end.

Trust me, I know this work will not be cheap, but I really like how this clone shoots, so, I am with the costs.

I have two Browning High Powers (Circa. 1976) and I want to leave them in their original factory condition, in case I decide to sell them down the road.

Any information and/or advice on this would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Novaks can refinish when they do the sights. I do not know if they can fill in the markings, but they would be the first people I contact.
I have multiple Hi Powers and like yours, the FEG is a nice shooter.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Numrich has stripped, unmarked FEG slides for $90. There should be Free Shipping since it’s over $79.
Item Number 1572040A.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sailormilan2:
Numrich has stripped, unmarked FEG slides for $90. There should be Free Shipping since it’s over $79.
Item Number 1572040A.
View Quote

Thank you! I've been looking for a reasonably priced slide to replace the one on my Girsan MCP35 Match. I can't stand the factory adjustable rear sight. Hope the FEG will fit
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sailormilan2:
Item Number 1572040A.
View Quote

Link?  All I see is a .40S&W slide.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top