Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2024 3:37:05 PM EDT
Any drawbacks to installing one?  No real reason except maybe to reduce battering and recoil.  I see a few drop in options available.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
It can change the feel of recoil somewhat, you can balance it with different weight main springs. Buy a flat one; if you don't like it, it's not difficult to round it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered a Wilson BP one.  Might have to fit it, we'll see.   I am slowly updating my old milspec.   I figured after all the chatter about MIM parts,  I should go ahead and start.  And, if nothing else,  it'll give me a spare.
What's next, slide stop?  They're a bit more pricey.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
FPS are always parts to fit. Make sure the extractor can’t clock. A tight fit makes sure everything stays where it belongs.
While at it check the extractor claw and see that the angles are correct and even that they are there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Will do.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Bought Wilson BP stop.  It was a drop in fit.  Next up is the slide stop.

This will be the slowest ever recorded 1911 upgrade known to man.  24 years in the making.  Hey look, it's a  milspec with some better parts.  Lol.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top