Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2024 12:23:34 AM EDT
Do they make a good 1911? They have some interesting chamberings besides 45 and 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
They make good parts. I owned a custom 2011 based on their frame and slide and it was great.

I have heard enough mixed reviews about their full builds that I havent owned one and would be unlikely to unless it was a steal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I had them do a custom 1911 for me. It's good...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]
About 12 years ago, I custom spec'ed a commander from them.  Whole lota meh.  Gun wasn't bad, per se.  And in fairness, it was reliable.  But kinda chonky in operation and did not have that smooth, mechanical feel a nicely built 1911 has.  Sold it.  Dont miss it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Stay away from anyone I know that bought one. Had performance issues and terrible service.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#6]

I built my own CCO with their parts, the parts are good. My install was pretty good.

My one flaw was going with a stainless slide then deciding I wanted a  black slide. Below pic is before I coated the slide.

Scratch all that just remembered its stealth arms parts

" />

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:
Stay away from anyone I know that bought one. Had performance issues and terrible service.
View Quote

My experience also.  I vividly recall the president of the company, Bob Somebody, on the phone assuring me my dream pistol that I had returned to them was “running like a top.”  It was in fact a jamming, absolute piece of shit.  I mean, when I was in high school I assembled an Essex frame and a Brazilian army surplus slide with Shotgun News parts and it functioned better than that Fusion pistol.  

There are so many better options these days.  For goodness sake, forget about Fusion Firearms and just buy a Dan Wesson or something.  Anything.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Had a single stack from them in 9mm, and had to replace the ejector and extractor because they both broke.

MIM parts maybe?

Was pretty accurate, and ran ok otherwise.

Traded it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Fusion has QC problems. Apparently Bob Servo hasn’t resolved them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:56:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I've used their parts a few times.

Local shop has a couple I stock. They're not bad looking guns, no idea how they run.

They are in a crowded market for the price range and don't offer anything special for the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top