Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2024 6:06:17 PM EDT
Where are they making g26 MOS?  Is it both Austria and US?  Does it matter at this point?  I'm seeing more US marked.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both Austrian and USA marked Glock pistols.  My Glock 20.5 MOS was delivered at my FFL yesterday and it was manufactured in the USA.   The 20.5 looked really good but I won’t be able to pick it up till Saturday.    I can’t tell any difference in my Austrian Glock pistols and my USA pistols other than the individual markings like serial number and country of manufacture.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WI_Bill:
Where are they making g26 MOS?  Is it both Austria and US?  Does it matter at this point?  I'm seeing more US marked.
View Quote

I am seeing pics of the Glock 26 Gen5 MOS with USA and AUSTRIA markings. It appears that they may be made in both countries.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#3]
All of the Gen5 NON-MOS 26s I've personally held were USA marked.

I haven't seen a Gen5 MOS 26 in person yet, but see no reason why they wouldn't be made here too.

Total conjecture, but I imagine Glock only imports the models made in the US when the US production capacity is outstripped by the demand.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:31:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#4]
....and demand for the 26 is very very low.

The 43, 43X and 48 hurt 26 popularity ... as did the Sig P365, SA Hellcat, etc.

The 26 was one of two Glock models I swore I'd never part with.  I recently gave away (for free) my Gen 2.5 Glock 26 I bought new in 1996.  Still have a Gen 5 (USA Marked) that I had milled for a RMRcc, but it almost never gets used.

Glock needs to add a light rail to the dust cover.  A freaking SA Hellcat has the ability to mount a light, but the SIGNIFICANTLY larger 26 does not. This, to me, is a deal-killer on the model.  All SD handguns should have a light.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:
....and demand for the 26 is very very low.

The 43, 43X and 48 hurt 26 popularity ... as did the Sig P365, SA Hellcat, etc.

The 26 was one of two Glock models I swore I'd never part with.  I recently gave away (for free) my Gen 2.5 Glock 26 I bought new in 1996.  Still have a Gen 5 (USA Marked) that I had milled for a RMRcc, but it almost never gets used.

Glock needs to add a light rail to the dust cover.  A freaking SA Hellcat has the ability to mount a light, but the SIGNIFICANTLY larger 26 does not. This, to me, is a deal-killer on the model.  All SD handguns should have a light.
View Quote

100% the G26 needs a light rail capable of mounting a TLR7sub (or comparable)
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Per Glock in Georgia, no Austrian 26's to be had.  MOS or  non-MOS.

They took away the one thing making me stick with glock.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#8]
USA or Austria?
I’m kind of doubtful that it matters much.

I took my new G34 (Austrian) to the firing range and it fed my hollow point Hornady 124gr XTP (1,100fps) just fine, but choked repeatedly (FTF) on my everyday, practice Hornady 115gr FMJ-RN (1,150fps).

I have shot thousands of this practice round through my G26 and my CZ 75-B without ever having any issues.

Upon checking out the G34 for cleaning I noticed that the barrel’s feed ramp was not polished.
Both my G42 (USA) and my G26 (Austria) have mirror finish, factory polished feed ramps.
So, I sat down at my Dremel with its flex shaft and handpiece, my white rouge and my mini felt polishing drums and gave the feed ramp on the G34 a bright mirror finish.

It seems to be running fine now.  No further issues with 3 different loadings so far.

USA vs Austria?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top