Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2024 8:12:19 PM EDT
Anyone buy this gun? Is it worth it or, just another mid-size carry gun?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I purchased one last year just because it was so cheap...$279 - $50 rebate so less than $250 OTD.
The pistol feels good in my medium size hand and my wife with slim had likes how it feels too.  The fit and finish is good and comes in nice hard case.
We shot it couple times at the range to get used to the trigger.  The trigger felt "tight" initially but got smoother as we shot it more and dry fired.  Over 4 or 5 sessions we shot about several hundred rounds and never had any failure to fire or feed with FMJ/ball, HST, Gold Dot and my handloads...it was 100% reliable with everything.  Accuracy was decent for us with best groups around 3" from 15 yards slowly shooting from table rest but the sights were not very clear for me.  During this time we always shot slowly getting used to the trigger and the pistol.  My wife normally shoot Glock 19 but despite the small size the GX4 recoil was very manageable for her.  We were very impressed with this cheap pistol.
When we started shooting faster double and triple taps a problem surfaced...trigger rest failure.  Occasionally when we fire quickly the trigger would not reset so we had to pull the slide back about 1/2"-1" to rest the trigger.  This problem persisted for past few months.  We tried different ammo, different magazines, cleaned the pistol, etc. but nothing helped.
Last week I called Taurus and they had me send the pistol back for repair.  I sent it on Tuesday and they received it Thursday.  According to Taurus website it is waiting to be repaired.  I have no idea how long repair will take or if it will resolve the trigger reset.  I'll post an update when the pistol comes back.        
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top