Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2024 5:13:16 PM EDT
I picked up a Gideon Optics Omega green dot from Aim Surplus the other day. They had them on sale for $180. I checked out a bunch of YouTube reviews on them, and a video on Aim Surplus’s website as well. They seem pretty legit. I just came it in today, and it’s a nice looking green dot. It looks like a Trijicon SRO. It comes with a picatinny mount, top load battery compartment, mounting screws, tools, and a cleaning cloth, all packaged up in a nice cardboard box. It fits a RMR footprint, the mounting screws are torx screws, and the adjustments are made with a flathead screwdriver. It’s just a plain dot (3 MOA), adjustable brightness settings, and shake awake. The body is 7075 T6 aluminum, and the glass is excellent. I’m looking forward to getting it on my Canik Rival, and trying it out. Anyone else out there tried out these red dots from Gideon?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
"YouTube videos".

Lol.

Okay.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoeDevola:
"YouTube videos".

Lol.

Okay.
View Quote

So where do you suggest one should go, to watch a video review on something? I’m all ears.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Gideon is just fine for things other than top tier duty use.

They are made in the same chinese factory as the rest of the relabeled optics on the market.
Holosun has it's own factories.

The difference is that Gideon is run by the same man that got Swampfox off the ground.
So customer service should be excellent.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bullet_:
Gideon is just fine for things other than top tier duty use.

They are made in the same chinese factory as the rest of the relabeled optics on the market.
Holosun has it's own factories.

The difference is that Gideon is run by the same man that got Swampfox off the ground.
So customer service should be excellent.
View Quote

Yeah, I wouldn’t go into battle with it, but I figured it would be fine for range use, bowling pin matches, and the like. They kind of seemed to be on the same level as Swamp Fox. I liked the large sight window of the Omega, plus it was the only one available in green dot. I thought I’d give it a try. Thanks for the info Bullet
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:46:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LonChaney] [#5]
I’ve been running an Omega for a few months on my 49MOS. I like it. Have @1k rounds down range with it.

Match video
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Cheap vs Expensive Red Dots: What's the Difference?

Here is an interesting video with Gun Jesus and the guy getting Gideon going.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I sighted my Omega in last Friday, and then shot a bowling pin match at my gun range, the next day. It was a bright, sunny, day and the green dot did really well. I’ve only got a hundred rounds with it, so time will tell. But, so far I’m happy with it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TrailerTrash556:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7C9JWIjP6U

View Quote

Good video. Ya gotta respect the guy for his honesty, when he says “well no, our dots aren’t as good as Trijicon or Aimpoint”!
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Deerslayer69:

Good video. Ya gotta respect the guy for his honesty, when he says “well no, our dots aren’t as good as Trijicon or Aimpoint”!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Deerslayer69:

That was a good video. Much respect for his honesty.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:05:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SuperEighteen:

That was a good video. Much respect for his honesty.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Very honest, humble guy. Thanks for posting. I’m happy with my Omega.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:24:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Everybody thinks they're gonna do John Wick or Navy SEAL missions with their optics, when in reality they're just fat slobs like most Americans. Putting a Trijicon Rmr HD, RCR, or Acro p2 on your handgun is a waste of money, unless you're the type of dude who only has one gun. Most of us have a bunch of handguns and equipping each of them with $500-plus Aimpoints/Trijicons isn't financially feasible. Torture testing pistol optics is some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen on youtube because why the fu$k is anybody trying to break electronic equipment?? I'm not trying to break my other electronic equipment like my I-Phone, LED TV's, Apple Watch, etc etc, so why am I trying to break my pistol optics?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By srb10864:
Everybody thinks they're gonna do John Wick or Navy SEAL missions with their optics, when in reality they're just fat slobs like most Americans.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been thinking of trying out the green Omega as well (circle dot version).

#1 it'll be fun for me and my 13 year old daughter to use.

#2 It might attract 7 of 9

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top