BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Girsan MCP 35 PI (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/18/2022 11:50:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M60-E4]
Any ideas when these will hit the LGS? They were announced in 8/22.

MCP35 PI
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Just found one last night on GB. Got her coming my way
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Please post pictures and a range report on your new Grisan MCP35 PI.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 9:07:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M60-E4] [#3]
Just shipped today…. So hopefully Friday*** now Tuesday****

Got a set of classic walnut grips, SFS system and C&S wide trigger waiting along with a set of B&H spring enhancements.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Im looking to get one of those myself
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 2:16:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M60-E4] [#5]
Just arrived today…. Fresh out of the box. Not even cleaned or wiped down. Currently at my local LGS for SFS, C&S wide trigger, removal of mag safety, and what ever polishing  and attention he thinks it needs.

Finish is really good, trigger is heavy but breaks really clean, frame to slide fit is really nice and tight. Overall it’s a really nice piece…. Only complaint I got is the safety is a hair mushy coming down. I’ll get it to the range hopefully sometime next week.

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#6]
If that had been on the shelf at my local GS, I would have been interested. As if was, I got an OPS version with hopes for a light when it does bed side duty. I now need a holster for when it makes it into the carry rotation. A question, what are they doing with the finish on the barrels? It looks like a nickle or hard chrome, whatever it is I hope it wears well. I have yet to get mine to the range, hope it does well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I was told there is an Ops version of this with a rail on the way.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 3:17:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: robmkivseries70] [#8]
@M60-E4
Yep, it's the OPS version, been easier to find a holster with out the rail option, but I kinda figured it for house duty too so as to justify the rail. Maybe tomorrow for the range.

ETA: Back to the Mother Ship, it's got the extraction problem as presented in the BH Spring Solutions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the update.  I like the sights better on this pistol than the full size MC P-35.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Thanks for the update.  I like the sights better on this pistol than the full size MC P-35.
View Quote

Yes… they are white 3 dots
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MRW:
I want to love the HP, but the hammer bites me pretty bad. That hammer looks interesting
View Quote

No bite on the SFS system hammer. Really nice mod.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MRW:
I want to love the HP, but the hammer bites me pretty bad. That hammer looks interesting
View Quote

No bite on the SFS system hammer. Really nice mod.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Man that looks so much like my Thunder 9
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Picked mine up today. Gave it some new shoes. The trigger feels pretty gritty. I’ll shoot it tomorrow.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Make sure you guys Read the Safety Manual.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 11:47:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M60-E4] [#18]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikev101:
Make sure you guys Read the Safety Manual.
View Quote

I wish someone or something would have told me to do that ……..
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:36:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: robmkivseries70] [#19]
Originally Posted By robmkivseries70:
@M60-E4
Yep, it's the OPS version, been easier to find a holster with out the rail option, but I kinda figured it for house duty too so as to justify the rail. Maybe tomorrow for the range.

ETA: Back to the Mother Ship, it's got the extraction problem as presented in the BH Spring Solutions.
View Quote

I need to speak to this, my LGS kindly took the extractor out and cleaned some junk out of the channel. At the moment it's running 100 %. Reading Stephen A Camp's notes, he says that a few thousandths can be removed from the bottom of the extractor, if necessary, to improve the grip on the brass. hth

ETA 2: Indeed, I had to remove the extractor and file on the pad a bit. It now grips the brass quite well and ejects just fine. I also ordered a new extractor to have on stand by. I probably ought to shoot it a bit more for proof of concept.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Got mine last month, goes well with my FM Detective model.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Definitely getting a PI soon.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I saw a review in American Rifleman.  I'm definitely interested in the PI OPS version.

15+1 SAO
No magazine disconnect
Ate everything they fed it.
Decent accuracy
Good ergonomics

I'm already thinking about which pistol to sell to fund it.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:58:48 AM EDT
[#23]
They've got a good price on them at Buds.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Dont these have a mag disconnect? If they do and you remove it the trigger gets quite a but better.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:09:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By WHITE_WOLFE:
Dont these have a mag disconnect? If they do and you remove it the trigger gets quite a but better.
View Quote

These particular models come without the mag disconnect.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By WHITE_WOLFE:
View Quote

In my experience no, not all that much.  It does allow the mags to drop free.  The improvement on the trigger is minimal.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By eracer:
I saw a review in American Rifleman.  I'm definitely interested in the PI OPS version.

15+1 SAO
No magazine disconnect
Ate everything they fed it.
Decent accuracy
Good ergonomics

I'm already thinking about which pistol to sell to fund it.

https://gundigest.com/wp-content/uploads/MC-P35-OPS-Optic-angle.jpg
View Quote

I'm curious what optic cut that is natively cut for... if RMSc or RMS a Holosun EPS Carry might drop on and have a 'rear sight' to replace the one that crappy dot has.
I don't 'need' this... but it is basically everything I've ever wanted in a carry style BHP.

I'm keeping an eye on prices... if I run across one at the right price, I'm willing to do the clean up work it may need for final polish.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#28]
It's cut for an RMSc. I junked the original optic and put a spare RMSc on - fits great.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 11:26:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lokjell] [#29]
I got this one from Buds.  TLR 1 doesn't fit on it.  TLR 3 fits well.  I've got a Holosun EPS Carry on it and it fits quite well.  Feels great in the hand.  Getting a holster for it is going to be rough.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:42:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1NAVYCHIEF-RET] [#30]
The MCP35 PI OPS looks good.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Finally found a PI match. Looks good. I can’t shoot it until the weekend.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:08:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

In my experience no, not all that much.  It does allow the mags to drop free.  The improvement on the trigger is minimal.
View Quote

It really changed the trigger pull on my sons old Browning Hi-Power.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:26:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#33]
Originally Posted By hollowhandle:
Finally found a PI match. Looks good. I can’t shoot it until the weekend.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44438/IMG_2580_jpeg-2896979.JPG
View Quote

From this angle it's hard to tell- does your PI match not have the optic cut?

edit- just realized it also doesn't have the railed frame.  I like it!  Wish they'd had that model when I bought my PI.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#34]
It does not have the optic cut. Does the PI OPS?
I wish it had the fiber optic front sight like my full size OPS.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#35]
The PI OPS has a removable rear sight plate with the optic cut underneath, and it has a fiber optic front sight.

(this thread made me buy one )
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#36]
This looks interesting but I wish it wasn't so big.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I got a PI in at my dealer last week.  After cleaning, the very first thing to go was that mag safety.  It made a world of difference in the trigger pull!  Instead of that crunchy, creepy heavy trigger, it got a LOT smoother and a bit lighter.  The MkIII firing pin safety has a spring to overcome during the trigger pull. That means the trigger will always be a little heavier than my FN Hi-Power made in ‘61 with the mag safety also removed or my SA35 as both of those lack a firing pin block like the Girsan has.
The next thing I replaced was the grips.  My SA35 was upgraded with a pair of original Belgian Hi-Power wood grips so my SA35 factory grips were handed down to my PI.  Much more comfortable and WAY more attractive than the factory MkIII grips the Girsan came with. Now I’m just fighting the urge to get a full sized MC P35 and maybe a FEG clone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

https://eaacorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/MC14-T-Front-New-Grip.png
View Quote

What mags does it take?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

What mags does it take?
View Quote

Good question being a .380.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#40]

What mags does it take?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gopher:

What mags does it take?

I understand it will take Beretta Model 84 magazines.  I’m actually thinking of getting one to keep for my older age when and if my hand strength goes to hell.  In that, I think this has a very good market to those with weaker hand strength such and some women, younger shooters and the elderly.  This is why I also don’t mind that it’s not the size of a Kel-Tec P3AT.  It’s not designed to be an Uber-compact .380 for carrying in a Speedo.  It’s designed to be an easy to load and shoot pistol.  The compact pistols are easy to conceal but they are harder to shoot as well.  You can’t use a 9mm or larger with this design as it requires a caliber that can be fired through a blowback action that lacks an extractor and the .380ACP fits this bill nicely.  Yes, it’s a niche gun but one (assuming it is a reliable gun) that fills that role very well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By AFSOC_COP:

I understand it will take Beretta Model 84 magazines.  I’m actually thinking of getting one to keep for my older age when and if my hand strength goes to hell.  In that, I think this has a very good market to those with weaker hand strength such and some women, younger shooters and the elderly.  This is why I also don’t mind that it’s not the size of a Kel-Tec P3AT.  It’s not designed to be an Uber-compact .380 for carrying in a Speedo.  It’s designed to be an easy to load and shoot pistol.  The compact pistols are easy to conceal but they are harder to shoot as well.  You can’t use a 9mm or larger with this design as it requires a caliber that can be fired through a blowback action that lacks an extractor and the .380ACP fits this bill nicely.  Yes, it’s a niche gun but one (assuming it is a reliable gun) that fills that role very well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AFSOC_COP:
Originally Posted By Gopher:  This looks interesting but I wish it wasn't so big.

What mags does it take?

Link Posted: 10/31/2023 2:41:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#42]

View Quote

Fixed

I don't care if they're reliable.

I don't care if the warranty and service is great.

It's like they have outdone themselves to make their standard ugly gun even uglier

I say that as a Glock shooter so I obviously have no aesthetic taste
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

That thing is so hideous it gives an old Japanese Type 94 Nambu a run for the money!  Call me a snob but I can’t touch a High Point without feeling dirty. 🤢
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

Fixed

It's like they have outdone themselves to make their standard ugly gun even uglier

View All Quotes

Fixed

I think they clean up a little if you throw checkered walnut on em and run GI 1911 mags:

Attachment Attached File

I do wish some of the Turkish Glock clones would run Glock mags, instead of SIG, Canik, or whatever else they're using.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 12:36:29 AM EDT
[#45]

I think they clean up a little if you throw checkered walnut on em and run GI 1911 mags:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84655/IMG_20231016_213007_137_jpg-3010844.JPG

I do wish some of the Turkish Glock clones would run Glock mags, instead of SIG, Canik, or whatever else they're using.
View All Quotes

Fixed

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84655/IMG_20231016_213007_137_jpg-3010844.JPG

That reminds me years ago when I dated a homely girl (strictly because the sex was awesome) and one day she dressed up in a sexy outfit
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#46]

That reminds me years ago when I dated a homely girl (strictly because the sex was awesome) and one day she dressed up in a sexy outfit
View All Quotes

Fixed

Lol.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Picked this up last week.  Trigger pull is awful, gauge says it's about 8 lbs, feels much heavier.  It came without the mag disconnect, but the mainspring is heavy, definitely more than the standard 30 lbs.  The optics cut is also trash.  Front sight is canted left to right and fore and aft.  Lockup is nice and tight though, not even a hint of movement in either the slide or the barrel.  I'll take it to the range Friday, then it's getting cleaned up.

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 3:10:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By November5:
Picked this up last week.  Trigger pull is awful, gauge says it's about 8 lbs, feels much heavier.  It came without the mag disconnect, but the mainspring is heavy, definitely more than the standard 30 lbs.  The optics cut is also trash.  Front sight is canted left to right and fore and aft.  Lockup is nice and tight though, not even a hint of movement in either the slide or the barrel.  I'll take it to the range Friday, then it's getting cleaned up.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173129/IMG_0616-3019035.jpg
View Quote

Wow. Personally I'd be more than a bit disappointed by all of that. I wonder if you just happened to get one that was built on a Friday afternoon, or if the defects are typical of this model?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I'd contact EAA if the slide cuts are messed up.  The mainspring can be replaced, but you can't do anything with poorly machined sight or optics cuts.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BobTheGreat:

I'd contact EAA if the slide cuts are messed up.  The mainspring can be replaced, but you can't do anything with poorly machined sight or optics cuts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobTheGreat:

The plate fits fine in the cut, which tells me it's their standard cut.  The front of the cut is straight rather than radiused like it should be.  The posts are too tall for a 507k.  RMS fit fine, but there are gaps due to the way it's cut.  I'm going to have it recut deeper for an RMRcc.  I'll replace the front sight as well, it's dovetailed in, so an easy fix.  It's obviously a cheap gun, but it'll make a good base.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Girsan MCP 35 PI (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top