Site Notices
Girsan MCP 35 PI (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By November5:

The plate fits fine in the cut, which tells me it's their standard cut.  The front of the cut is straight rather than radiused like it should be.  The posts are too tall for a 507k.  RMS fit fine, but there are gaps due to the way it's cut.  I'm going to have it recut deeper for an RMRcc.  I'll replace the front sight as well, it's dovetailed in, so an easy fix.  It's obviously a cheap gun, but it'll make a good base.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobTheGreat:
Originally Posted By November5:  Picked this up last week.  Trigger pull is awful, gauge says it's about 8 lbs, feels much heavier.  It came without the mag disconnect, but the mainspring is heavy, definitely more than the standard 30 lbs.  The optics cut is also trash.  Front sight is canted left to right and fore and aft.  Lockup is nice and tight though, not even a hint of movement in either the slide or the barrel.  I'll take it to the range Friday, then it's getting cleaned up.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173129/IMG_0616-3019035.jpg

I'd contact EAA if the slide cuts are messed up.  The mainspring can be replaced, but you can't do anything with poorly machined sight or optics cuts.

The plate fits fine in the cut, which tells me it's their standard cut.  The front of the cut is straight rather than radiused like it should be.  The posts are too tall for a 507k.  RMS fit fine, but there are gaps due to the way it's cut.  I'm going to have it recut deeper for an RMRcc.  I'll replace the front sight as well, it's dovetailed in, so an easy fix.  It's obviously a cheap gun, but it'll make a good base.

Dremel?  
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the rear sight/plate, plastic or metal on the OPS version?
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By xM16a1x:
Is the rear sight/plate, plastic or metal on the OPS version?
View Quote
Mine is steel
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine is steel
View Quote
Awesome, thanks!

looks like I'll have to pick one up now.

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a couple of the MCP 35 yesterday at the show in Allen that were chrome with gold hardware like the old Taurus pistols.  The amount of blinged-out pistols was stunning actually.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome, thanks!

View All Quotes
Mine is steel
Awesome, thanks!

The integrated rear sight is garbage.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

That sucks to hear.

Was hoping they would come out with a version of the LW without that rear plate, not really interested in running an optic anyway.

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#8]

That sucks to hear.

Was hoping they would come out with a version of the LW without that rear plate, not really interested in running an optic anyway.

View All Quotes

That sucks to hear.

The plate has enough meat you could probably have it dovetailed for a regular sight.  

Mine has been reliable and accurate, but it's clearly a low end pistol.  Out of the box it's effective, but with some refinement it will be a joy to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm liking my PI so far. Just needs an optic to replace that skinny rear sight and it'll be done. The size is very handy and recoil is easily manageable, including unsuppresed.

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone removed their mag disconnect from their PI yet? The standard PI, not the OPS.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Strela:
Has anyone removed their mag disconnect from their PI yet? The standard PI, not the OPS.
View Quote
Mine came without it.  Trigger pull is still atrocious.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes

Well, mine still has it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Slide on my PI Match cracked near the front sight. Anybody else?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By f402mech: Slide on my PI Match cracked near the front sight. Anybody else?
View Quote

That's not good.  What have you been shooting through it?  Pics?
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Well, mine still has it.
View All Quotes

Well, mine still has it.

I removed mine. You have to take the trigger out of the gun to remove the lifter.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:57:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#16]
Changed out the grips for some  Boone Trading Comoany.  Ordered a bunch of C&S parts as well. Now I just need to find someone that will fix the optics cut.

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#18]

I dig the color. Is that a factory offering?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By hollowhandle:

I dig the color. Is that a factory offering?
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Turkish shit……..don’t support those fucks
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Vdab890:  Turkish shit……..don’t support those fucks
View Quote

As I tell my customers when offering them a Winchester .22 or a Tisas .45 - that's Muslim child labor working for YOU!

Did the Turks allow their tame gun organization lobbyist to inform Illinois representatives that the companies he was representing had no opposition to the gun control measure before the committee?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Got a C&S hammer, sear, and mainspring installed.  Trigger pull is much cleaner and lighter.  The sear slot on the factory hammer was insanely rough.  I can't find my trigger pull gauge, so I don't know what it's down to, but it's definitely better.  If anyone has a line on a Garthwaite or Yost safety let me know.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#23]
If you're looking for replacement recoil springs for the PI, flat wound G19 springs work.  I just replaced mine with an 18lb from ISMI.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#24]
If you're looking for replacement recoil springs for the PI, flat wound G19 springs work.  I just replaced mine with an 18lb from ISMI.
View Quote

That's really good to know.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't know if my phone is capable of capturing just how bad that sear hook on the factory hammer is.  You can also see how the sides were ground down to fit after finish had already been applied and there was no attempt to polish them.  The C&S hammer is perfectly machined and vastly improved the trigger pull.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Girsan MCP 35 PI (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top