Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2022 5:47:46 PM EDT
They are listed at $500.  They are parkerized with some type of non military grip.  Have one sitting in my cart but at twice the cost of my other one have mixed emotions, not sure if better to wait for another blued one with star grips.  Opinion?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:43:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTex] [#2]
Thanks for posting the link!  Listed as model P-M01, never heard of that variant
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#3]
High but I have no doubt they'll sell.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting. I've never seen that P-M01 marking. It looks like a refurbished commercial production pistols with import compliance grips. The GO description mentions that they have different styles of trigger guards. those may be the Miltex style squared off trigger guards that pop up once in a while.

Granted I'm pretty deep into collecting Maks but, $500 seems high for what you are getting with a non-Mil production Bulgarian in refinished condition.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Blitzkrieg that is a very helpful assessment!
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:13:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WTex:
Thanks Blitzkrieg that is a very helpful assessment!
View Quote

Welcome. In their favor there looks to be a single line import mark on the frame, oem grips are usually $20ea, and Mags are usually $25ea for surplus.

I love fiddling with my Maks and am sitting on a bunch. If you are looking for a novetly, curiosity,  historical example....they are great.

In the past 30yrs since they started coming in as surplus, prices are up, supply is down and competition in the same size envelope can now be had in 9mm, poly frame, and usually better capacity....at a better price.

If you are looking for a basic shooter with some cache, look for Bulgarian mil with their number 10 in a double circle for their Combloc Arsenal code. Import mark range from discrete to hideous billboards on frame and slide depending on who and when them came in the country.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#7]
You were smart to get a bunch!  Picked up a standard looking one years ago from Classic on sale, guess market was slow.  Wanted to get another one and they've become so expensive!!  The parkerized finish would be long lasting but looks wrong for a Mak.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#8]
For Memorial Day weekend now includes 2 boxes of ammo, about $50 bonus at current prices
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:15:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTex] [#9]
Atlantic Firearms has them now too
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Wish they had put their 4th of July sale out ealier but GO has $50 off Makarovs, came a few sales too late for me but hope someone can grab one
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#11]
$399 for Labor Day sale.

$399 Makarov
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top