User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2023 12:06:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher]
Given my other choice is a TLR-6?

ETA:  Or the Crimpson Trace.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Streamlight is proven, not so with the others.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
Streamlight is proven, not so with the others.
View Quote

I hate to say this, but Streamlight has worked for me for 29 years. It's a shame they Don't try to get a little more light out of it.

That being said, I'm very happy with my Nightstick TWM-30 that I picked up 6 weeks ago. It's a TLR 1HL size light, but I prefer the switch over the Streamlight and it is certainly what I consider "stupid bright".  

Whether they have the same kind of rugged build with the small one, I cannot say. They are based out of Wylie, so worst case scenario, you could drive up there and harass the hell out of them if something goes wrong
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

I hate to say this, but Streamlight has worked for me for 29 years. It's a shame they Don't try to get a little more light out of it.

That being said, I'm very happy with my Nightstick TWM-30 that I picked up 6 weeks ago. It's a TLR 1HL size light, but I prefer the switch over the Streamlight and it is certainly what I consider "stupid bright".  

Whether they have the same kind of rugged build with the small one, I cannot say. They are based out of Wylie, so worst case scenario, you could drive up there and harass the hell out of them if something goes wrong
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DavidY:
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:  Streamlight is proven, not so with the others.

Well that makes it easy, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:11:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SNAFU-M1A] [#4]
I know I'm late to the game but I have a TCM-550XL on my G30 & like it a lot more than the Surefire XC I tried.  I also have several of the TWM-30 that I bought cheap on a sale.  They aren't as bright as Streamlight but they are built well.  My biggest complaint about them is they use a screw to secure the battery door.  I don't know if it's to get around a patent or what but it's kind 0f a pain.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used the TLR-6's for years  because they were  all  I could find for my  G-26's.
They are not  that  bright.

I found  these about  a year ago  and  they give you a Rail that you can mount a Light to.
I use  the Streamlight 7A's
Do recommend  you  consider  this  option

https://recovertactical.com/product/gr26-rail-adapter-for-the-glock-26-and-27/

" />
" />
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a Nightstick 125? lumen light w/ green LASER.  Need to get it to the range.  Keep being busy & getting sick.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't Nightstick pretty much on par with Olight?
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:  Isn't Nightstick pretty much on par with Olight?
View Quote

Maybe, but if they're one of only two players in the space and they're local to me, why not try it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SNAFU-M1A:
I know I'm late to the game but I have a TCM-550XL on my G30 & like it a lot more than the Surefire XC I tried.  I also have several of the TWM-30 that I bought cheap on a sale.  They aren't as bright as Streamlight but they are built well.  My biggest complaint about them is they use a screw to secure the battery door.  I don't know if it's to get around a patent or what but it's kind 0f a pain.
View Quote

Considering the issues some have had for the last several years with TLR doors breaking, that might be a plus!
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#10]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:
Isn't Nightstick pretty much on par with Olight?
View Quote

Nightstick's parent company has been around for 40 years in industrial lighting.  While not being flashy and in the news, they have been churning out a lot of different products.  They don't have the name recognition of Streamlight, so they won't get as many departmental orders.  

I've been happy with my TWM-30, of course I didn't pay full price either .
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Streamlight has updated TLR7 versions, plus a TLR7A with a rechargeable battery.  

The TLR6HL has 300 lumins with three rechargeable batteries, each with a whopping 20 minutes of use

I was hoping for the TLR7A to get a boost to 800lm, but there's always next year.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/explore-products/new-products
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
I got a Nightstick 125? lumen light w/ green LASER.  Need to get it to the range.  Keep being busy & getting sick.
View Quote

Can't wait to see a review.  The switch on the TLR6 is pretty sad on the G26 size gun.  GT Distributors had a G26.3 with a TLR6 the other day for $369.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top