Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2024 8:32:53 PM EDT
Tomorrow I’m going to purchase a new micro.  I’ve decided to go with either a P365 or a Hellcat.  I detest optics on handguns and find the filler plates aesthetically displeasing.  I’m having trouble deciding which to get.

1) If the P365 they had at the store did not have the cutout and plate for an optic it’d be a no brainer.  
2) If the cutout and plate were as clean on the Sig as they are on the Hellcat, it’d be a no brainer.
3) The Hellcat optic plate blends so much better than the on one the Sig and seems to be an equivalent pistol.
4). The Hellcat’s finish is not as desirable as the finish on the 365.
5) The sights in the Hellcat are preferable to those on the Sig.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Buy the one you shoot better. Forget the rest.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:49:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrs93accord] [#2]
Have you looked at the Glock 43 and/or 43X? They could be another option. Also, just so you know, the SIG SAUER P365 NITRON MICRO-COMPACT is a non-optic ready model.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Locked and Loaded has great deals on the Gear Up (5 mags) Hellcats. $399 for non optics, $430 for optics cut. Both in stainless finish.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:47:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 365 and HC. The 365 shoots better. The HC looks better and doesn't rust. I am happy to carry either
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JustUgh:
Tomorrow I’m going to purchase a new micro.  I’ve decided to go with either a P365 or a Hellcat.  I detest optics on handguns and find the filler plates aesthetically displeasing.  I’m having trouble deciding which to get.

1) If the P365 they had at the store did not have the cutout and plate for an optic it’d be a no brainer.  
2) If the cutout and plate were as clean on the Sig as they are on the Hellcat, it’d be a no brainer.
3) The Hellcat optic plate blends so much better than the on one the Sig and seems to be an equivalent pistol.
4). The Hellcat’s finish is not as desirable as the finish on the 365.
5) The sights in the Hellcat are preferable to those on the Sig.
View Quote

Hellcat’s pros (for YOU) far outweigh the Sig’s pros.

Buy Hellcat. Heck have the Hellcat refinished with something more durable.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:56:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Edward82:
Locked and Loaded has great deals on the Gear Up (5 mags) Hellcats. $399 for non optics, $430 for optics cut. Both in stainless finish.
View Quote

Very tough to beat this deal!
https://lockedloaded.com/product/spg-hc9319sospgu23-9m-hellct-147139-gearup
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
From what you have written, you have already made up your mind. As has been said above, shoot both then decide. For me it was the P365, of the two you have listed it simply fit and carried better.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Help a brother out…what did I decide?
If the 365’s that they had did not have the optic cut on them I’d go with it, but I REALLY don’t like it.  
If the Hellcat had a different finish I’d happily go with it.  

I know, Im digging into aesthetics, but that’s pretty much where I’m stuck.

Mechanically/functionally the pistols are pretty much identical.  

The wife has a 365 and I like “standardization”, but there is something to be said about diversification of the collection.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:20:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#9]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Hellcat’s pros (for YOU) far outweigh the Sig’s pros.

Buy Hellcat. Heck have the Hellcat refinished with something more durable.
View Quote

Durability has not been an issue with the Hellcat/XD slide treatment in my experience so far (thousands of rounds on one).

I went with the Hellcat over the P365 due to the excellent experiences I have had with the XD/XDM lines. I have not been disappointed in the least, but rather I am very impressed with the Hellcat.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Not to throw another monkey wrench into everything, but have you shot the comped models from either manufacturer? For me, they were a game changer, especially with the P365 comp. The Hellcat offers one as well but it is only on the smaller Hellcat pistol version.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:20:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: X-CaptHook] [#11]
You do realize that you can get the stainless 365 slide without the optics cutout?
ETA: and you can get it without the optics cutout in Nitron too.
Here
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm voting Hellcat over 365.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JustUgh:
Help a brother out…what did I decide?
If the 365’s that they had did not have the optic cut on them I’d go with it, but I REALLY don’t like it.  
If the Hellcat had a different finish I’d happily go with it.  

I know, Im digging into aesthetics, but that’s pretty much where I’m stuck.

Mechanically/functionally the pistols are pretty much identical.  

The wife has a 365 and I like “standardization”, but there is something to be said about diversification of the collection.
View Quote

https://lockedloaded.com/product/spg-hc9319sgu23-9m-hellct-147140-gearup

Hellcat in stainless without an optic cut. $399.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:26:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#14]
I've never played with a Hellcat.  

I do own and like the Sig 365.  I shoot it fairly well, even with my large hands.  The best part is the Chassis system.  I can put on whatever length grip I want.  Or go with a longer slide.  Mine is optic cut just in case I decide to go optic in the future. Having the plate doesn't bother me at all.  The versatility of the 365 is a big win.  There's also a ton of aftermarket support (parts) for the 365, probably not so much for the Hellcat.

You already have one at home, so your wife will be familiar with either gun and will have mag swap-ability if you both get into the S*** at home or on the street.  Not to mention it will use the same holsters.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Buy the P365 with the plate and I’ll trade you slides. Assuming it’s the standard, original micro.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the Hellcat, Sig P365x, and the Glock 43x. All three are great pistols, but it really comes down to what feels and shoots better for you. I quickly sold the Hellcat because I just didn’t shoot it well. The Glock 43x is fine, but will probably trade it off at some point. The Sig p365x is the sweet spot for me. I shoot it well and it is very easy to carry, it’s getting a lot of range use lately
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top