Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2024 8:31:47 AM EDT
Been almost a month since anyone spoke of a Kimber.  Is there that much hate for the brand? Do the owners just not feel the need to brag? Are people just not buying them? Even the Taurus gets more love these days.  I know Kimber isnt as highly regarded as it once was but they are still excellent guns. Hell I love my Stainless II.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:37:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#1]
My brother has a Kimber he really likes. I have always been a Colt Kool-aid drinker when it comes to 1911s though.

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Early Kimbers were a good base for custom work, newer Kimbers with the goofy extractor or Lawyer safety are not

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a K6S revolver.  Interesting, some what different sort of creature.  I like it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:20:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighPlains1911] [#4]
I love mine but I’m not crazy about any of their current offerings.

Warrior and TLE/RL here. Those are the only two guns I want from them.

I would love an ICQB reproduction. I bet Kimber would sell a good number of these if they put in the work do do something clone correct.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I've owned a lot of 1911's over the years including 6 Kimbers and all of my Kimbers have been well made and perfectly reliable. I'll admit that I've never had a single issue with the swartz safety that they put in them but I make sure to choose models without it. It's unnecessary and adds one more point of failure in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top