Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2024 1:01:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Achilleas]
A few years back a friend of mine found this Python while metal detecting and I ended up with it.

It's pretty bad condition but I figured cool tool box gun so I ordered a new cylinder and a side plate with a nice deep pony logo.

After getting the side plate I noticed it didn't have a milled hole to put the trigger pin in - don't know how or why.

After attempting to install the side plate I shipped it back to the E-bay seller and accidentally left my spring and pin in it

The seller would not respond to my e-mails for weeks of me asking , begging for him to send back my spring & pin - even offered to pay him for his trouble.

After about a month and filing reports with E-bay I get an e-mail that says  "I mailed it"

Needless to say I never got my spring & pin back !

I thought I would be able to find them to replace but after looking for over a year I cannot find these anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas where one may locate these ?

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt or gunpartscorp.com
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The latch spring can be bought from Jack First Gun Parts, or Gun Parts Corp.

No one seems to have the tiny guide.
I often made my own guides by using a drill to turn down a piece of drill rod.
I used my Foredom Flex Shaft, but a Dremel tool will work.
Just chuck a piece of drill rod with a diameter of the head portion of the guide and use a safe edge file to file the shank to slip into the spring.
The head is the same diameter as the spring.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#4]
 So Numrich did have the spring but no pin.

Thank you guys.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Jack First Gun Parts also have the spring, but list no plunger.
Send them an email and ask about the pin.  Not everything is shown online............

https://jackfirstinc.com/
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:56:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Achilleas] [#6]
Update in OP decided I'd try to contact the seller one last time ..
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top