Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2024 5:24:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776]
The Hellcat PRO Threaded in Peanut Butt-er Brown finally arrived at my FFL today.  I picked up the gun, mounted a new Holosun HS407K X2 on a C&H Plate plus a TLR7A and went to the range with eight 15rd and six 17rd mags.  Three three round groups and the Holosun was pretty much on at 10 yards.  One more three round group and it was spot on. Not a lot to report here. The gun performed 100%. In the past I've had issues with other brands of factory cerakoted guns needing to "wear in" (i.e. wear the coating off the frame or slide rails) before being 100%. It was fairly easy to hit 8" steel at 50 yards if I did my part.

Recoil impulse is much nicer on the PRO Threaded than my 3" OSP.

A little over 200 rounds with zero malfunctions of any kind.  When cleaning it I didn't note any wear of any kind apart from the mildest finish wear on the barrel hood.

Based upon my experience with several Hellcats (Gen1 3" Micro, Gen1 3" OSP, two Gen2 3" OSP and now the PRO 4.7 threaded) I don't have any problem recommending the entire line apart from the RDP. I don't have any experience with the comp'd model.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:30:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW I think I shoot this PRO just about as well as my Glock 19 Gen 5 with RMRcc (which I have a lot of time behind).  

Apart from some rather difficult to explain and somewhat irrational "worry" about using a "micro" (more accurately a "slim line" in the case of the PRO) for "serious use" (whatever that means and however you chose to define it), the PRO and PRO threaded sort of obsolete the the G17 and G19.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top