Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2023 3:33:34 PM EDT
Just bought a P365 XL.  I love it so far.  As it is though, I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure out a comfortable way of carrying it concealed.  I'm a fatassed manlet.  5'6" of blubber.  I am working hard on it and have dropped 15 pounds in the last few weeks.  Still have 40 or more to go.  I kinda let myself go after a big out of state move and ignored my health for a couple years.  

Any ideas or methods anyone can recommend?  Till now the only thing I really felt comfortable packing was an LCP in a pocket holster.  Even that I find bothersome as I really hate having things in my pockets.  Thanks for any advice given!
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What holster do you currently have? Have you tried all common places to carry? (Appendix, 3/4/5 oclock)

I understand where you’re coming from but even for us skinny guys it’s not the most comfortable thing in the world most of the time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Vedder Light Tuck with it’s adjustable belt clip you should be able to figure something out.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 4:04:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seabee_Mech] [#3]
Outside the waistband (OWB) carry will probably be the most comfortable IMHO as long as you don't mind the untucked shirt style. A good holster that holds the pistol tight to the body and a good belt helps keeps it from printing. I often carry a 1911 like that when I'm driving long distance as IWB carry gets uncomfortable.

ETA: I'm 5'7" and "stocky"
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gmerrill824:
What holster do you currently have? Have you tried all common places to carry? (Appendix, 3/4/5 oclock)

I understand where you’re coming from but even for us skinny guys it’s not the most comfortable thing in the world most of the time.
View Quote

Nothing good.  A C&G OWB kydex job.  It feels OK but unless I wear a light jacket or something it prints badly.  

Bought a POS MFT Minimalist IWB yesterday.  Feels like I wasted my money.  

I prefer to carry at 3-5 o' clock.  I feel I am too short to appendix carry as the muzzle digs into my leg/crotch when sitting.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 5:11:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#5]
Holster undershirt.

Slower draw though. ETA2: and you're going to flag yourself on the draw, so you need extra care on trigger discipline. It will take getting used to.

Position it up near/under your armpit for a crossdraw and alongside the side of your body.

Use the blubber to your advantage as a large flat facing to obscure the outline.

Only downside, no outer/cover shirts that fit closely, one size above is pretty much required.  If you get a shirt with snaps instead of buttons, that makes getting it easier. Also if you wear a watch you have to assure that doesn't hang on the shirt as you go for the draw.

Something like this:

https://www.511tactical.com/holster-shirt.html

If they have a store local to you they may have some still that are your size back in storage if they aren't on the shelf, I suspect they are phasing them out.

You can find the best position for it in the pocket with it in the holster, make an outline, and than sew the pocket to fit the gun and holster, so it doesn't slide down to your beltline.

There are other options

https://www.concealedcarryoutlet.com/holster-shirt.html

https://www.truspec.com/24-7-series/shirts/mens-short-sleeve-concealed-holster-shirt

Heck, if you know a decent seamstress, you could have a custom-made tank top with foam underlying the gun in a pocket and a flexible plastic overlay put above it to conceal the hard edges.

Downside: Don't let the ladies hug you, unless you want to be outed.

ETA: upside: lets you tuck your shirt and not wear a shoot me first belt. Properly done it conceals pretty darn good, likely good enough for NPE. the second pocket on the other side lets you carry extra mags equally concealed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Tier1 concealed, or TXC holsters is what I run with but I’m a big advocate for appendix. I’m not a wider guy but I know plenty of big guys running at the 12 o’clock, or just off center so you can minimize that crotch discomfort. Holster wedges help a lot too with bigger fellas, it’ll put outward pressure on the muzzle area and fight against the gut which makes you print.

Off body carry in a backpack or Fanny pack although not the best it’s definitely an option. Usually situation depended though
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Tulster IWB holster for whatever I’m carrying.  I, too, am stocky…but I’ve been carrying IWB around the 4-5 o’clock position for twenty years.  I can’t do Appendix carry.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I'm a tall chubby guy with a 365XL.  I usually pocket carry and remember you'll have to adapt to any carry method.

For OWB I use a Defcon 3 leather holster from Simply Rugged  https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/DEFCON-3-Leather-Concealed-Carry-Holster.cfm?item_id=414&parent=669

You might look at the OWB offerings from Sneaky Pete as well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Galco lite Miami Classic.

The holster will just barely clear RMSC red dots on slides that mount the RDS to the rear.
The P365xl slide with the irons in front of the RDS, won't.

The double mag pouch fits the factory SIG 15rnd  mags.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Simply Rugged Tribute

It’s a version of the Roy Baker pancake.  The holster lacks sharp edges to dig into you and it pulls the grip nicely into your love handle.  I’d also wear a wife beater to keep it of my skin.  I’ve used the original Roy’s version to comfortably carry an SP101, a Model 10, a 1911, and will soon be using it for my Hi Power
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
You need to run the pistol aiwb but you need to use a holster that can adjust the belt clip ride height so you can have it sit lower in the pants. Your draw will be slower. But your belly will not push the grip out. I bought a couple n8 tactical aiwb holsters for like $40 and they allow that. Get the wing attachment also
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been at varying stages of short and fat.

You can comfortably carry full or micro guns iwb. 245-330 location. Gun specific belt and holster matter. I have a light tuck and a muddy river tactical holster. The finishing on the kydex matters alot. Extra material and smoothing of edges aids in the comfort. If there are no sharp edges, you should get used to it. Also, get the dcc hardware. Plastic clips suck.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:21:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cinder396] [#13]
Imma big boi... Here is my holster evolution...

Alien Gear Cloak 3.5 for years...then upgraded to..

Stealthgear ventcore IWB... Less bulk, still comfortable...

But the last few years has been....

Tier 1 Echo with an undershirt seems to be just as comfortable as a a hybrid design.   Adjustability matters, half an inch here or there can change comfort a lot.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I am a Big guy 5'11'' 300lbs.  I carry a 365 in this. I find it comfortable and easy to draw.

https://versacarry.com/arma-owb-holster/
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a Crossbreed Freedom Carry IWB for my P365XL. I don’t have a lot to compare it to comfort wise, but it’s tolerable at 4 o’clock.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
You need a good belt otherwise all holsters will suck.    Carry spare mag pouch on opposite side to achieve symmetry and balance.  Don't worry too much about minor printing - nobody will notice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#17]
A Holster. Makes a pocket holster for it
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry to hear that you’re probably having problems with the MFT Minimalist. I love that holster. If I’m not using that, I swap the grips out and pocket carry it in 365 frame.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#19]
IWB = Milt Sparks SS2 for leather, JMCustomKydex IWB3 for Kydex.
OWB = Milt Sparks 55BN for leather (if you can wait), JMCustomKydex OWB2 for kydex.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top