Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2024 8:40:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms]
I currently have this Sig P365xl:

What's the most efficient way to go from my XL to two different P365s?

#1 A Macro size, will probably get an EPS Carry and TLR7 for it and an AIWB holster.  Would like to comp it as well if possible, probably a PMM.

#2 An original P365 size, will probably put the TLR6 and 507k on it and pocket carry it.

What would you all do to get there?  Buy all new stuff or just parts and swap the FCUs?

Interested in ideas.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I typically don’t mind if I get slightly used gear at a substantial discount at the time I want it, but I don’t usually have a lot of time to hunt something down.  So, sometimes it is less expensive just to buy it new and move on.  I guess it depends on how you value your time vs money.  

Also, I’d probably rethink an optic on a pocket carry as it can present a huge snag hazard with drawing depending on your pants pocket, fit and hand size.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Regarding the pocket carry with a light and dot, I don't see how it would be possible in anything but the biggest and baggiest pants you can find. Maybe in a cargo pocket. I have a bone stock P365 in a Vedder pocket locker holster and it only fits in my loosest pants/shorts, it does not get carried regularly due to this.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By f402mech:
Regarding the pocket carry with a light and dot, I don't see how it would be possible in anything but the biggest and baggiest pants you can find. Maybe in a cargo pocket. I have a bone stock P365 in a Vedder pocket locker holster and it only fits in my loosest pants/shorts, it does not get carried regularly due to this.
View Quote

I have to agree with you on this. I’m 6’5” tall 225lbs and wouldn’t pocket carry a p365 especially with a dot and light on it. My p365 has the Spectre Comp slide and a 507k on it and even getting in and out of a vehicle with it and sitting for longer drives it digs into me. I have tried 3 holsters and it’s not that. Lastly putting a gun in your cargo shorts pocket, banging around when you walk is not comfortable nor ideal to access quickly.

Speaking of carrying…. I will appendix carry sometimes but find sitting in any of my vehicles it doesn’t work and is digging into me. 4 o’clock work a little better but the rear sight will start digging into me sitting in a vehicle and getting access to it back side of my body is troublesome.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mdrums:

I have to agree with you on this. I’m 6’5” tall 225lbs and wouldn’t pocket carry a p365 especially with a dot and light on it. My p365 has the Spectre Comp slide and a 507k on it and even getting in and out of a vehicle with it and sitting for longer drives it digs into me. I have tried 3 holsters and it’s not that. Lastly putting a gun in your cargo shorts pocket, banging around when you walk is not comfortable nor ideal to access quickly.

Speaking of carrying…. I will appendix carry sometimes but find sitting in any of my vehicles it doesn’t work and is digging into me. 4 o’clock work a little better but the rear sight will start digging into me sitting in a vehicle and getting access to it back side of my body is troublesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mdrums:
Originally Posted By f402mech:

I regularly carry a Glock 19 AIWB for 8 hours drives, but I need something specifically for pocket carry for every now and then.  I thought a P365 might be a good pick since I already have a P365XL.

Would a P938 or something else like that be better for pocket carry?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:41:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#5]
Photo hoster is acting up
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:42:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#6]
Old photo, but I just ended up adding to the family. Playing around, I found I like the P365X as it's easier for me to shoot and a little shorter slide-wise to comfortably carry AIWB. Ironically, the P365XL slide on a shorter P365 frame works great as my "field" gun and in a Safariland holster mounted to my patrolling kit.

ROCK6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top