Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2024 5:58:12 PM EDT
Hey guys

I’ve heard about how the Holosun SCS MOS needs better screws than provided by Holosun. Battelworks screws.

Needing more info on this. Can someone help me out
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I would replace them with the other screws as our department had issues with the ones that came with the sight.  We had a sight shear off during qualification.  Make sure you also torque to the proper inch pounds for battlewerx.  I think they are 14 inch instead of 15.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pryan205:
I would replace them with the other screws as our department had issues with the ones that came with the sight.  We had a sight shear off during qualification.  Make sure you also torque to the proper inch pounds for battlewerx.  I think they are 14 inch instead of 15.
View Quote

Thanks for the help.

I hear the battery has 20,000 hour life.
The battery is not replaceable. So what do you do when the battery reaches the end of its life? The optic is rendered useless or will only work outdoors with solar?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 5:54:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pryan205] [#3]
I believe the solar will keep it charged as it appears it says it will last a lifetime with normal exposure.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered an scs mos. I see two different battleworx screw sizes can anyone advise... longer or shorter size?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, I placed an order.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:30:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#7]
Originally Posted By TacticalTavorian:
I hear the battery has 20,000 hour life.
The battery is not replaceable. So what do you do when the battery reaches the end of its life? The optic is rendered useless or will only work outdoors with solar?
View Quote

Originally Posted By pryan205:
I believe the solar will keep it charged as it appears it says it will last a lifetime with normal exposure.
View Quote

Yes, they mean that the battery will last for 20,000 hours after fully charging if it doesn’t receive any additional charging / exposure to light. So if you left it in your dark safe for 833 days, it would be at the end of its charge when you took it out. Since it’s constantly being recharged any time there’s light available, it should never run out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#8]
TRUE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top