Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2024 10:24:54 PM EDT
Got a new micro, short barrel. Shoots 8-9” groups at 15yds, low-left at that… thought it was me since it had been a while. Pulled out my G19 and put 5 into a dip can for a sanity check.

Last time I shot my G42 it would do beer-can groups at 15yds, to the G19 dip-can size, as an example of sight radius. I don’t think it’s all a sight-radius issue today…

Do I have a $400 (with taxes and ffl) paperweight? Did PSA really manage to screw up a glock barrel?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
My micro-ish 365xl is accurate enough to make me feel like I'm cheating.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Low left is usually too much trigger finger or anticipating recoil.  I have a feeling you're getting too much of the thin grip and wrapping around.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:43:04 AM EDT
[#4]
As a career long firearms instructor with a major LE agency... if you are right handed going low left, it is an error caused by the shooter 99.9% of the time.

Do you know a solid shooter who can try your pistol?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:00:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FritzTKatt] [#5]
8-9” groups fellas. Dip can size groups with a size up pistol, beer can size groups same size pistol. I’m not uncle Jerry, but ffs I can shoot.

Yeah yeah yeah the low left assessment is cute, until I shoot spot on with a bunch of other guns, and it’s done Lefty.

So, back to the OP, how accurate is YOUR micro?

ETA: think I found it, after getting a little worked up at the canned responses, I was eyeballing this piece (of crap?). Check out this business end. Apologies for the iPotato pic, but I think y’all will see it. Guessing it is just a junk tier barrel. I will try to get ahold of PSA today, maybe they’ll send me a barrel. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you have a Glock barrel to swap in there?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:30:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FritzTKatt] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidY:
Do you have a Glock barrel to swap in there?
View Quote

Not this size/chamber

Maybe my 42 barrel would fit, and I could shoot some 380s? Probably jam up every round, but print a group.

ETA instead of another post: in the above pic, notice the rifling depth and centricity as the main issue. Secondary, there’s hardly a “crown” cut, fairly rough end.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

If you PM me your order number, we will get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

PM sent, thanks for the message.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#10]
@PalmettoStateArmory

Only because it’s been a day and figured you would have acknowledged the PM. Not trying to make this a HBR thread
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Ugh, I didn't even look at mine but I remember thinking it was not as accurate as my old Shield (a previous PSA purchase ).  The gun is at PSA for another issue at the moment so hopefully they'll give it a thorough inspection and function check, including accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#13]

I PM'd you earlier today. Please send me a PM if you don't see it.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FritzTKatt:
@PalmettoStateArmory

Only because it’s been a day and figured you would have acknowledged the PM. Not trying to make this a HBR thread

I PM'd you earlier today. Please send me a PM if you don't see it.

Thanks,

Josiah

Got it within the hour of my last post.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:13:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FritzTKatt] [#14]
PSA rep sent an email saying that they replaced the barrel and recoil spring assembly, and that it fired two magazines to 1” low with a 12’oclock hold. Distance, target, and group size unspecified.

Just got her back in hand. Sent a magazine on paper. Stovepipe at round 5, but whatever. Hits about 4” low (tip of front sight) at15yds, as described in the email. Groups are plenty acceptable. Sights appear to be centered, bore looks good, so it’s shooting “straight” and making a proper group now.

As for the shooting low… this is new to me. At least that low. Not a big fan. Open to comments on that…

Usually have hits like 2” high at 15yds. I can deal with hits on center of dot, but this group is bottom edge of dot. This gun is currently sitting at .155 front and .185 rear, from the slide top. I was looking to replace the sights with Trijicon HDs anyway, but I’m kinda concerned about POI with Triji’s page listing a .215 front and .205 rear. I believe that would make my impacts around 6-8” low at 15yds, which of course is completely unacceptable.

You guys probably have a better idea of who makes a selection of sight heights, ideally similar to the HDs.

For what it’s worth, I should have just bought the G43X with RMSC package deal at the local gunshop. This was supposed to be a carry piece, not a project gun. The headache isn’t worth it.

ETA: for any concerned, about the dagger rail, it mounted up a TLR8-glock right out of the box. Plug and play for that aspect. I saw some posts about it not fitting around the web, at least my two parts work. Also, I shot it before installing the light, so no idea if that affects functionality or anything. I don’t have time to play with it more right now… (carry vs project)
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#15]
15 yards 16 rounds one raged hole about the size of a silver dollar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top