Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2024 2:22:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 14MustangGT]
I can't believe I bought a Taurus!  I had some bad experiences with a handful of Taurus pistols a ways back.  These days I daily carry a G43, and sometimes a G19 pattern Poly-80 or Prodigy 4.25".  Well, I stopped by the Taurus booth at the SHOT Show, and the next thing I knew, I was on Gunbroker.com searching for a used G3C!  I snagged one used for $112 and, through an industry hook-up, got the T.O.R.O. slide for a sweet deal!  I can't wait to get this out to the range to test reliability and (hopefully) work it into my EDC rotation.

Don't judge me for the O-Light!  It's just a placeholder until I find a TLR-7 compatible holster.

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a great price.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a G2C for a few years now.  Thing just plain works.  Taurus got the G series right.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:39:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SquatchAv8] [#3]
Honestly, of all the compact and micro compact pistols I own, the G3C is the softest, most pleasant shooting one.

ETA
I've got large hands so I bought a few G3 mags and found a website that sells 3d printed sleeves that fill the gap in the grip. Now it's a G3x.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
PT111, G2C, G3 series take SIG P226 mags.

PT111s should be redeemed for a brand new G2C.

KelTec's MultiMag SUB-2000 will run SIG P226 mags w/ the correct mag catch.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got one 15 round G3 mag, and it came with a factory grip sleeve.  It fits perfectly in my hand and still conceals well.  I might check out the 17-rounder with the factory grip sleeve when those come back in stock!
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SquatchAv8:
Honestly, of all the compact and micro compact pistols I own, the G3C is the softest, most pleasant shooting one.

ETA
I've got large hands so I bought a few G3 mags and found a website that sells 3d printed sleeves that fill the gap in the grip. Now it's a G3x.
View Quote

I've got one 15 round G3 mag, and it came with a factory grip sleeve.  It fits perfectly in my hand and still conceals well.  I might check out the 17-rounder with the factory grip sleeve when those come back in stock!
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a G2c years ago and a G3 after that in order to shoot available steel case Wolf/Tula. They’ve been 100% reliable for me. Another selling point for me was being able to use SIG P226 mags in them.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a new G2c for my mother in law for Christmas, and she really likes it. I had fun shooting it too might have to pick up a used one if I can get for $150
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#9]
If your FFL orders from Lipsey's, they're running a sale on the G3C right now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:13:57 AM EDT
[#10]
My EDC is a PT111 Millennium G2. It just plain works every time I pull the trigger.  It has never once given me a single reason to not trust my life with it.  It is also extemely accurate. I run a box of shells through it every weekend.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 14MustangGT:
I can't believe I bought a Taurus!  I had some bad experiences with a handful of Taurus pistols a ways back.  These days I daily carry a G43, and sometimes a G19 pattern Poly-80 or Prodigy 4.25".  Well, I stopped by the Taurus booth at the SHOT Show, and the next thing I knew, I was on Gunbroker.com searching for a used G3C!  I snagged one used for $112 and, through an industry hook-up, got the T.O.R.O. slide for a sweet deal!  I can't wait to get this out to the range to test reliability and (hopefully) work it into my EDC rotation.

Don't judge me for the O-Light!  It's just a placeholder until I find a TLR-7 compatible holster.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/2024-02-06-08-38-27-jpg.206036/

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/2024-02-08-15-59-40-1-jpg.206038/

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/2024-02-08-16-16-35-1-jpg.206039/
View Quote

Hope you enjoy it. They shoot a lot softer then the size let's on because of the double recoil spring. I was surprised. Made me happy with my purchase. Was originally kind of embarrassed because it was a Taurus. But I didn't have the money for something "better" and my M&P9 went down and I refused to send it to S&W after finding out what it was. Got too comfortable carrying my CZ70 everywhere.

Was able to find this one for $155 after the rebate. Wish I had a few more bucks at the time to be able to afford the T.O.R.O model. Definitely could use a industry hookup for a T.O.R.O slide! What sights did you throw on it?

If you need a good holster for it still, I would check out Bordertown Holsters. I've known I've mentioned them several times on here but they're genuinely good and a small shop.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MDStroup: Hope you enjoy it. They shoot a lot softer then the size let's on because of the double recoil spring. I was surprised. Made me happy with my purchase. Was originally kind of embarrassed because it was a Taurus. But I didn't have the money for something "better" and my M&P9 went down and I refused to send it to S&W after finding out what it was. Got too comfortable carrying my CZ70 everywhere.

Was able to find this one for $155 after the rebate. Wish I had a few more bucks at the time to be able to afford the T.O.R.O model. Definitely could use a industry hookup for a T.O.R.O slide! What sights did you throw on it?

If you need a good holster for it still, I would check out Bordertown Holsters. I've known I've mentioned them several times on here but they're genuinely good and a small shop.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/352455/1000000767_jpg-3151005.JPG
View Quote

What went wrong w/ your M&P?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:47:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I carry the G3C as my CCW,  at first I was hesitant because what alot of people had to say about Taurus and thier past track record. In recent years Taurus has made big changes in QC etc. and have really redeemed themselves in my eyes. My G3C eats everything I feed it with a rare FTF, I dont think anyone has a gun that doesn't have an FTF occasionally. I was at the range recently and the guy next to me was shooting a Hellcat, I let him shoot my G3C and he was beyond impressed with it and the fact that it cost  less than half of what he laid out for the Hellcat.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:37:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top