Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/12/2024 12:22:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leelaw] [#2]

I like it

ETA $650? well, now I'm debating how well this would go with a case hardened Henry
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an original Canadian Inglis.  I never realized that beneath the ugly black paint, it had a color case hardened finish!  I will be busy this weekend removing that paint.

Relax, no original Inglis pistols were harmed during the writing of this post.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like the minimal markings... the Girsan MC P35 is a billboard with all of the branding, warnings, serial numbers, etc. Seriously detracts from an otherwise elegant design and why I've never considered one.

Are these forged slides, frames, and internal parts like the Tisas 1911s?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 1:11:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1NAVYCHIEF-RET] [#5]
https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/inglis-hi-power-first-look/489148

Inglis L9A1- MSRP $489.99
Inglis P-35B- MSRP $549.99
Inglis P-35 N- MSRP $ 549.99
Inglis GP-35 case hardened- MSRP $649.99

The L9A1, Looks like a nice Military style P35 copy, BUT that Case Hardened Version is really sweet looking !!

Seriously wish that they would offer an Aluminum Frame version,  AND a Shortened LW Detective version.

Nickle,,, Not Stainless Steel

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
So are these just rebranded Tisas Hi Powers? If so, how about a stainless one, like the Regency?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks more like my Girsan MC P35 with an Inglis roll stamp and a lanyard loop.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted by: SDS Imports

no these are not Tisas at all.
View Quote

Are these MADE IN AMERICA ???
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1NAVYCHIEF-RET:

Are these MADE IN AMERICA ???
View Quote

I highly doubt it since this is the "Turkish Pistols" sub-forum.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Now to get some maple leaf decals for them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Whats the eta? I really like that nickel one. I was going to send out my hi power to get hard chromed but this may satisfy my itch and I’ll leave it alone.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in for one of the nickel jobs. When and where can these be ordered.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#14]
TFB-TV Showtime had posted this very recently.  Looks like sometime in March.  If MSRP is $489 for the base, I'm curious what the street price will be?

Faithful Hi-Power Reproductions from SDS Imports
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#15]
These are one of the few offerings this year that I am excited about.
And the more I think on it, the more I want.
I could see both the nickel and case h versions in my hoard.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't trade my WW2 Inglis on one, but interesting nonetheless.

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I would really like a solid answer on who really makes these.

And the "appropriation" of the Inglis name displeases me.  These have nothing to do with the real Inglis, and is missing a few features to be considered even a copy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ohio:
I would really like a solid answer on who really makes these.

And the "appropriation" of the Inglis name displeases me.  These have nothing to do with the real Inglis, and is missing a few features to be considered even a copy.
View Quote

Its turkish. That should give you an idea. They bought the inglis brand. Its fine, but even I would prefer a browning over an inglis. Thats just me though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Its turkish. That should give you an idea. They bought the inglis brand. Its fine, but even I would prefer a browning over an inglis. Thats just me though.
View Quote

Well, I know it's not Girsan. I have heard it's not Tisas, but I don't know if I believe it. Sarsilmaz, MKE, or a new firm?
I would prefer a $500 Browning too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Who is making 1911 and Hi-Power clones in Turkey?   Girsan - Yes.  Tisas - I say yes.  Anyone else?  The Inglis Hi-Powers are being imported by SDS - same company that imports Tisas.  

Springfield's SA-35 is rumored to have the slides and frame forged in Turkey.  Tisas is rumored to be that company.  

So someone in Turkey with forged pistol making ability (Tisas) buys the Inglis name, because they are planning to bring back retro Browning Hi-Powers like what they did with 1911s.  

My two cents.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Ironically "Springfield Armory"  is another company that recycled a previously enjoyed historical name in firearms and used it for marketing.

It has been done for many many years.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By astronwolf:
Who is making 1911 and Hi-Power clones in Turkey?   Girsan - Yes.  Tisas - I say yes.  Anyone else?  The Inglis Hi-Powers are being imported by SDS - same company that imports Tisas.  

Springfield's SA-35 is rumored to have the slides and frame forged in Turkey.  Tisas is rumored to be that company.  

So someone in Turkey with forged pistol making ability (Tisas) buys the Inglis name, because they are planning to bring back retro Browning Hi-Powers like what they did with 1911s.  

My two cents.

View Quote
With Turkish guns, they always put the factory code as a prefix in the serial number, "Txxxx".  If you can decipher that it will tell you where it's made.

I looked into it a bit but it's not a code I recognize.  It's not the one on Girsan or Tisas, or Sar guns either.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
Ironically "Springfield Armory"  is another company that recycled a previously enjoyed historical name in firearms and used it for marketing.

View Quote

Armalite as well.

I think using the name is a good idea.  It's not like Inglis laid off all of its Canadian workers to move manufacturing to Turkey, and Inglis will have better appeal to an American market than Özdemir Silah Sanayi.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:54:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#24]
Originally Posted By cjk1:

Armalite as well.

I think using the name is a good idea.  It's not like Inglis laid off all of its Canadian workers to move manufacturing to Turkey, and Inglis will have better appeal to an American market than Özdemir Silah Sanayi.
View Quote

Who is that?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:03:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjk1] [#25]

Who is that?
View Quote

Just a Turkish firearms manufacturer name that I made up to illustrate my point (real Turkish name/words, nonexistent entity).

ETA: I apologize for the confusion.  I should have made it clear in my original post that I was just making up an extra Turkish-sounding example.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Just a Turkish firearms manufacturer name that I made up to illustrate my point (real Turkish name/words, nonexistent entity).

ETA: I apologize for the confusion.  I should have made it clear in my original post that I was just making up an extra Turkish-sounding example.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Who is that?

No problem, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

It’s likely parked under the finish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
Originally Posted By grendelbane:
I have an original Canadian Inglis.  I never realized that beneath the ugly black paint, it had a color case hardened finish!  I will be busy this weekend removing that paint.

Relax, no original Inglis pistols were harmed during the writing of this post.

It’s likely parked under the finish.

99.9999% sure he was using sarcasm and mockery to make a point.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:38:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: astronwolf] [#30]

View Quote
Bingo

Ask Inglis Mfg to notify you when this is available.
https://inglismfg.com/inglis-gp-35-9mm/
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Who could have predicted that in 2024 Inglis Hi-Powers would become Turkish?!?

...talk about Inglis as a second language.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I had an Inglis I got surplus in the early 90s from Navy Arms - I sold it when I bought my first home.  I can't recall what I paid, I want to say like $250ish maybe sold it for a little more.

Never sell your authentic vintage guns if you can help it : )

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Inglis Hi Powers have hit the U.S. shores !!!!  

$414.99 for the Inglis L9A1...plus the ride at Family Firearms.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/723551446096

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:36:46 AM EDT
[#34]
I’m waiting for the nickel version.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:34:19 AM EDT
[#35]
I want one of these
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:54:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#36]
Originally Posted By Strikeforces:
Inglis Hi Powers have hit the U.S. shores !!!!  

$414.99 for the Inglis L9A1...plus the ride at Family Firearms.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/723551446096

https://cdn22.coreware.com/cache/image-full-231939-5089a3559805d11b20e7759ab4f8f255.jpg
View Quote

That's lower than expected. I ordered one; I have a couple Girsans and an orginal Inglis.

I took delivery today. Nicely executed.
It does NOT have the mag safety installed. The front sight is NOT centered; but I won't move it until I have had a chance to see where it hits.

The lanyard ring would make left hand shooting a bit of a pain, I think.  Sights are clean; but I prefer a bit more air beside the front sight when aiming; old eyes and all.

It's a Mk3, but it does have the large visible oval pin/cross lug, unlike the other Turkish GP35s I have seen. The serial number is stamped across the lug, which seems odd.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:40:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1NAVYCHIEF-RET] [#37]
I really would like one of these, they look really nice:

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:55:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#38]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:45:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#39]
It does NOT have the mag safety installed. The front sight is NOT centered; but I won't move it until I have had a chance to see where it hits.

The lanyard ring would make left hand shooting a bit of a pain, I think.  Sights are clean; but I prefer a bit more air beside the front sight when aiming; old eyes and all.

It's a Mk3, but it does have the large visible oval pin/cross lug, unlike the other Turkish GP35s I have seen. The serial number is stamped across the lug, which seems odd.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35784/hipower2_jpg-3184283.JPG
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Thank you for the details.  Do you have any thoughts on how one would remove the lanyard ring on this version?  I believe that various iterations over the years have been removable through different means.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Thank you for the details.  Do you have any thoughts on how one would remove the lanyard ring on this version?  I believe that various iterations over the years have been removable through different means.
View Quote

It looks like the stud is press fit into the grip frame. I can turn it with heavy resistance, but it's not threading out. It would be easy enough to tap out with a punch.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#42]
The trigger pull is VERY nice for a GP35. About 4 pounds, and extremely crisp. The reset is actually noticeable as well.  I have had 2 FEGs, 3 Girsans, and an original Inglis Mk1*; and have handled FNs. This is the best of them. It should improve with some breakin as well.

No MIM parts, either.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#43]
My springfield has a nice trigger too. I had bought 2 c&s kits for my fn’s but sold my mk2 and was going to install one in my springfield but I feel its not needed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#44]
@sdsimports any word on the nickel version? I want one in nickel so bad. I was going to get a tisas commander in nickel but prefer the high power.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:56:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ivan1] [#45]
Double post.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#46]
If anyone ever finds out what actual Turkish firm/factory is making these, let me know. I really want to find out.
Nothing in the manual gives any clue.

Is there a way to find the import permit?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#47]

That's lower than expected. I ordered one; I have a couple Girsans and an orginal Inglis.

View Quote

What do you think of the overall appearance compared to the Girsan?  Although different lug are these merely made by Girsan under exclusive agreement or truly another factory?  I've seen a few Girsan's locally for sale and they seem reasonable for a basic shooter.  Turkish gun makers are like that old "Who's on first" gag.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#48]

What do you think of the overall appearance compared to the Girsan?  Although different lug are these merely made by Girsan under exclusive agreement or truly another factory?  I've seen a few Girsan's locally for sale and they seem reasonable for a basic shooter.  Turkish gun makers are like that old "Who's on first" gag.
View Quote

They are very similar, but when you look at them really close next to each other you can see slight variations in curves and lines throughout the guns. I can confidently tell you that they are not made using the same tooling or drawings.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:59:08 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Does it have the Inglis in a diamond logo on the left side of the slide? (i've seen a few pictures and it didn't appear to be there, but the lighting was bad)

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:26:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#50]
Originally Posted By BPR:

Does it have the Inglis in a diamond logo on the left side of the slide? (i've seen a few pictures and it didn't appear to be there, but the lighting was bad)

View Quote

Yes, it does.

I was wrong, mine does not have the INGLIS in a diamond on the slide.
Left side of slide is marked "L9A1", right side is blank.

I shouldn't reply from work, I guess.
@BPR
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
INGLIS is back!!!!! (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top