Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2024 6:40:53 PM EDT
Looking for some hands on opinion of this for a CCW…

A little background… We’re looking for a CCW pistol for wife. She has small hands, but large palms with small fingers. It’s made finding a good CCW gun that fits her hand comfortably and where she can reach the trigger problematic outside of 1911’s.

One of the few we’ve run across that she’s liked is the IWI Masada. I know IWI has a solid reputation, even if they lack widespread popularity here in the states. But unfortunately there seems to be little information available on these in terms of reviews or much else. So I’m looking around to see if anyone has had hands on experience and can tell me their thoughts.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#1]
Are you referring to the Glock 19 sized Masada or the micro-compact Masada Slim?

Either way these are very nice pistols and they've gotten excellent reviews. The Slim is in my list of "do want" handguns.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/IWI-Masada-9S-Slim/36-204552/
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
We looked at the full size today, but I think the slim would be preferable.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Where have I seen a Masada before?????? Hmmmm, oh yeah, in the Sig Sauer case.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:36:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Masada Slim uses full size Jericho 941/CZ75 magazines cut short to 13 rounds and with a unique baseplate.

So the regular 16, 17, and 19 round magazines make great carry reloads.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Masada Slim and really like it.  It shoots great, has a good trigger, and very mild recoil for a gun this size.  I've owned and shot Glock 43, 43x, and 48, Shield Plus, Hellcat Pro, and 365.  The Masada slim is the only one I still have.  

Less recoil than the Hellcat.  Shield grip shape on back dug into the web in my hand.  Glock had crappy glock triggers.   365 was too small in the grip.  Masada Slim covers all of that for me.

Like other previously posted it can take Jericho mags.  I was able to very slightly widen the feed lips on full sized Canik mags and they feed 100% so far.  They don't lock the slide when empty tho.

My only complaint about the Masada Slim is the take down method.  Or rather reassembly method.  Getting that pin in and lined up just right can be a pain in the ass.  

For the larger Masada. I had one of them too.  Single complaint is the grip was pretty slick.  Other than that it shot and functioned just fine.  But it kind of bored me and didn't do anything any better than anything else.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my Masada Slim and feed it with CZ 75 compact mags with a 3d printed baseplate.

My only complaint is the unnecessarily complicated take down and reassembly.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HAGDADDY] [#8]
Thought I would add....has your wife looked at the Walther PDP F series?  It's specifically designed with a shorter reach from the back strap to the trigger.  It's marketed to women but as a man with smallish hands and shorter stubby fingers, it fits me very well.  

And oddly it has less perceived recoil than the standard PDP.  I know several women who own and shoot them very well and I really liked the one I had.  Unfortunately due to a job change and some bills, I had to let some things go.  I will very likely replace it with another down the road.  

It's not micro compact sized but it is compact and might work well for her.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GerryOwen:
We looked at the full size today, but I think the slim would be preferable.
View Quote

The Slim is a fantastic gun for smaller hands.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HAGDADDY:
Thought I would add....has your wife looked at the Walther PDP F series?
View Quote

She has… That one is second on her top 4.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top