Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2024 8:08:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR]
Saw several posts on Facebook today with SDS Imports newest gun- three or four very traditional Hi Powers.  Mark iii variety.  I’ll see if I can find a non-fb link.

Easier than I thought

https://www.guns.com/news/2024/01/08/inglis-reborn-to-market-period-correct-hi-powers

Better info

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/inglis-hi-power-first-look/489148
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#1]
So where are they being imported from? I highly doubt Canada.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wagsfn:
View Quote

I've not seen any location mentioned, but considering SDS relationship with Turkey, I'd put money on Turkey.

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Rebadged Tisas would be the logical guess.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh, not close enough to an original Inglis for my tastes.  I have a Girsan MC P35 (and they are quite good guns BTW) and this really looks like nothing more than a MC P35 with an Inglis roll mark and a lanyard loop.  Bring out a model with the original Inglis profile slide, the stubby safety and original profile grips and you’ll have my attention but this, yeah, not so much.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Whoever writes the press releases for MAC/SDS Imports needs to be fired:
Military Armament Corp (MAC) is pleased to announce the return of Inglis High Power to the US market. Through an exclusive partnership, MAC, and parent company SDS Imports will be bringing a number of models of the world famous High Power to the US, starting with the L9A1, A WWII firearm produced by Inglis.  The other 3 models will be commercial variants, black with walnut grips, satin nickel with black G-10 grips and the last will be a color case-hardened model named the GP-35. The L9A1 has an incredible and rich heritage among firearms enthusiasts.  It was used by British Commonwealth forces from 1962-2013.
View Quote

1. The Inglis Hi Power was never in the US market. Inglis didn't produce any Hi Powers for commercial sale, ever.
2. The two statements in red contradict each other.
3. Inglis NEVER manufactured a single L9A1. Ever.
4. Inglis only made two versions of the HiPower: a tangent sight model No. 1 Mk 1* often called the Chinese Contract and a fixed sight model the No2 Mk1. Production ended in 1945.
5. The British L9A1 was manufactured by Fabrique Nationale of Belgium. Production of the L9A1 began in 1962. It has absolutely nothing to do with any HP made by Inglis.

I swear, we are days away from some shyster like MAC/SDS importing a 1911 with Glock on the slide and a story about them being a reissue of US military 1911A1's.

Idiots will buy them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I'm not an idiot but I do have one on the way to me.

For that price why not !!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:21:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Strela] [#7]
Originally Posted By wagsfn:
View Quote

Also could be India, but not in this case. The Turks are making good guns, but other than the logo it doesn't look like an Inglis.

The Indians did it better.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By EMSflyer:
Well I'm not an idiot but I do have one on the way to me.

For that price why not !!
View Quote

I have one. Decent gun as far as I can see, but I haven't fired it yet.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Strela:

Also could be India, but not in this case. The Turks are making good guns, but other than the logo it doesn't look like an Inglis.

The Indians did it better.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6163/IndianHiPower_jpg-3188257.JPG
View Quote

That's a MkI* (1940s), they are cloning the L9A1 (post 1962).
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#11]
If it didn't have that billboard on the side, I'd be all over an L9 clone, Mohammedan or not.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Özerbaş Makina is the maker. OZERBAS was engraved on the barrel if you remove barrel from slide. That company is specialized in shotgun manufacturing before SDS Import find them to make "NEW" Inglis.

Also the L9A1 is not a true original Inglis clone. Inglis Canada only made Hi-Power from 1944 to 1945 and all of them had internal extractors with round cam on the frame.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By lew:
If it didn't have that billboard on the side, I'd be all over an L9 clone, Mohammedan or not.
View Quote

The only marking on my slide is the "L9A1" on the left and on the frame "serial#" "INGLIS KNOXVILLE TN" on the right in small font.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mlin:
Özerbaş Makina is the maker. OZERBAS was engraved on the barrel if you remove barrel from slide. That company is specialized in shotgun manufacturing before SDS Import find them to make "NEW" Inglis.

Also the L9A1 is not a true original Inglis clone. Inglis Canada only made Hi-Power from 1944 to 1945 and all of them had internal extractors with round cam on the frame.

https://i.imgur.com/vGAMEN0.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the name. The WWII Inglis guns are MkI* models, this is a post-62 L9A1 clone. I was unaware that Inglis never made those.
I have an original Inglis and these are quite different.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:16:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#15]
One thing I don't quite get why the required manufacturer marking is not on the frame. Newly established Inglis Mfg USA is the improter. Maybe they were imported as parts and a certain degree of reassembly in TN to get by not include Turkyie maker address????

Also although Inglis Canada company was bought by Whirlpool decades ago, the Inglis name is still a household brand making consumer appliances in our northern neighbor. Not sure if we would see some blow back by Whirlpool that might not want one of their brand name associated with making new firearms.

https://inglis.ca/products/
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:20:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#17]
This front sight works with some stoning to fit:

https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-for-browning-hi-power-mark-iii-pistols-fiber-optic-front-by-dawson-precision/

It doesn't fill the dovetail side to side.
Attachment Attached File

As I look at it I wonder if I put it in backwards.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Looking at the big end of the fiber, I'd say it's on backwards.  One face of it should be serrated, and that face should be towards the shooter.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BPR:
Looking at the big end of the fiber, I'd say it's on backwards.  One face of it should be serrated, and that face should be towards the shooter.
View Quote

No serrations; that's how I index them usually.  It works fine though, I may turn it around at some point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top