Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2021 5:27:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unrock]
I’m done buying Kimbers.  

1.  10mm TLR, can’t even get through one magazine,  without failure to feed. I have polish all around the chamber to make nice and smooth.  I have changed the full length guide rod.  It runs better but still multiple FTF with Sig factory ammo.

2. Recently picked up slightly used Custom II in 9mm.  This one has issues with extraction.  It would run for mag or 2 and then fail to extract.  I tuned the extractor a bit.  Now, seems to run better but still had 2 failures in 40 rounds.  Wilson Combat extractor ordered.

WC extractor fixed the issue.  Shame on you Kimber….

3.  Custom II in 45 runs like champ, no issues.

I realize that these are really just range toys.  I have several other 1911s (Less Bear, Sig, Springfield), non have given me any issues. But they are all 45s.  So, I guess if you buy Kimber buy it 45 or expect issues.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 9:12:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GlockWrench] [#1]
Kimber always had issues with their 9's and 10's as you have unfortunately found out.

Get rma's, send them back and MAKE them fix their problems.

Eta: 45's are generally the easiest guns to make run so it is rare they will pop out a lemon in 45, but it still does happen though usually not for function.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My 3 year old stainless Kimber ProCarry II in 9mm has run flawlessly with bullet weights ranging from 95gr to 147gr, using assorted 9 and 10-rd mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top