Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2023 2:22:38 PM EDT
Make it take regular 92 mags.  Make it take any 92 upper (M9/A1/2/3/4, 92, 92X).  And make the lower a chassis model in the same vein as the APX/A1.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
So design a new pistol and call it the 90two?
What feature of the 90two are you retaining if you change the frame and slide?
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You would retain the slide. Poly frame lower
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
That wouldn’t really be bringing it back, that would be a new gun. I’m all for it though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m pretty sure my 90-two takes every 92Fs mag I have
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:22:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NoDakWolfPack] [#5]
Yeah even the name is lame imho.  Call it the 92X-MF for all I care, the benefits of a modular frame and cheap/light weight/easily replaceable grip modules are great.  It would probably make more sense to do the modular chassis treatment to the PX4, but the 92 would sell better I'm sure.  

I didn't know the 90-two took 92 mags.  Good to know if I ever pick up that curio.

Edit: I think being the first into the DA/SA modular frame would actually benefit beretta quite a bit.  Plenty of companies in the Striker fired game.  If you want the benefits of polymer, DA/SA, and a modular frame, Beretta would be the only game in town.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoDakWolfPack:
Edit: I think being the first into the DA/SA modular frame would actually benefit beretta quite a bit.  Plenty of companies in the Striker fired game.  If you want the benefits of polymer, DA/SA, and a modular frame, Beretta would be the only game in town.
View Quote

SIG P250 might be a good indicator of how much interest there is.
There have been hammer fired variants of other striker fired guns.
But they're usually a niche market item.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Just buy a 92 vertec and be done.  That pistol is about as perfect as it gets in its genre.

Let's not dumb it down into an abortion.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Stryfe:

SIG P250 might be a good indicator of how much interest there is.
There have been hammer fired variants of other striker fired guns.
But they're usually a niche market item.
View Quote

I completely forgot about that one! If not for it being DA only, I would be interested in that for sure.  Of course, the P250 doesnt have the cache of the 92.  In fact, if Sig did a re-release of the P250, I bet it would be a lot more popular today by dint of the success of the 320.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
Just buy a 92 vertec and be done.  That pistol is about as perfect as it gets in its genre.

Let's not dumb it down into an abortion.
View Quote

I have 3 92's now, two of which have vertec frames.  I love them.  But I cant change out grips for $60 on a vertec.  Besides, shaving 3-4 ounces off a 9mm pistol for CCW is noticeable, and worth it.  Not to mention, beretta clearly cares about keeping the 92 relevant, otherwise they wouldnt have released the 92x RDO and M9A4.  This is the next step in keeping the 92 relevant for another 15 years or more.  

All that being said, I would buy only one polymer framed 92.  I still plan on owning 5 or more aluminum framed versions.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I think I may have finally landed a 90two in the less desirable caliber. This would only be a collection piece so caliber really didn't matter.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 1:30:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BIGSHOOTER414:
You would retain the slide. Poly frame lower
View Quote

90-two never had a polymer frame, its aluminum just like a 92, but uses a removable polymer sleeve as a grip module. The vertec still has a better grip, and you can change it up quite a bit with different grips. Like houge overmold with front finger groove, standard vertec, thin g10, wraparound g10, id wouldn’t be hard for a grip company to introduce some vertec wraparound grips that mimic the size 90-two small grip which is larger than a vertec.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Chassis-based Beretta 92? Lol, call it the 920, it'd give Sig an aneurysm.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 3:29:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kro:
I’m pretty sure my 90-two takes every 92Fs mag I have
View Quote

Yeah, this thread is kind of revealing those who have no experience with the 92 series…

The only new/different thing in the OP is the FCU chassis setup.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#14]
The loss of legacy upper/lower compatibility was an issue.

Beretta has had a hard time figuring out “looking cool” isn’t enough to carry a gun on the market.

Especially when looking cool comes with form over function.

A slickery grip held on by a tiny plastic nub just doesn’t cut it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By takdriver:
I think I may have finally landed a 90two in the less desirable caliber. This would only be a collection piece so caliber really didn't matter.
View Quote

Get a 9mm barrel and magazines. It works very well I’ve tried it myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top