Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/3/2024 8:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-]
Was surprised to see first generation jet funnel magazines are the same cost as standard USP mags, so figured I’d start off with the jet funnel as a new USP owner.

Has anyone had problems with the Gen 1 JF mags? I couldn’t find any problems aside from some guys wearing out the springs over time. Ordered some Gen 1’s but want to know if the $25 increase for the Gen 2 makes sense. They’re supposed to be more durable, but I can’t find any durability complaints.

ETA: Also found out the German military uses the same style of transparent body and steel base plate mag as the jet funnel, just in standard capacity/length.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
What you are referring to as the Gen 2 mag is the black mag which is all steel .
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 9:21:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:
What you are referring to as the Gen 2 mag is the black mag which is all steel .
View Quote

Correct.

I’ll pick up some Gen 2 eventually, just wondering if there are any inherent issues with the Gen 1 I missed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a guy selling those white body standard size mags but don't remember the website.  I got 3 for 75/ea, I think.  Lemme see if I can find it
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
He no longer has them listed but it was this seller on Guns America:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.aspx?lid=22729

They were listed as P8 mags.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Correct.

I’ll pick up some Gen 2 eventually, just wondering if there are any inherent issues with the Gen 1 I missed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:

Correct.

I talked to a guy that shot competition with a USP Expert with the white mags . I asked him the same question as yours above and he said he never had any issues with them .
I’m sure that if they were crap HK would have done away with them years ago .
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve never had any issues with the white mags in my Expert or Elite.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
No problem with mine, many of which were very dirty LEO trade ins
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Best place to buy USP mags? 15 or 18 rd?
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By awmp:
Best place to buy USP mags? 15 or 18 rd?
View Quote

I scored my Gen 1 18 rounders from Gun Mag Warehouse. They were under $50 but looks like cost went up a few dollars. The jet funnel kit was $50 from Tombstone Tactical.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 11:12:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#11]
Originally Posted By bcw107:

Dang that is a really good looking USP.
View Quote

Thanks. She’s going to get a full treatment too.

Slide goes out for RMR milling in a couple weeks.
Match trigger is ordered.
Will be getting the Grey Guns short reset kit and flat trigger he told me is hitting the site soon.
Slide and magwell will be coated Cerakote smoked bronze which is close to the light color. (Not planned that way but win.)
Factory markings will be lasered back on. Will likely add the date code too.
Safety, rail adapter, and base plates will be coated to match the frame.
Threaded barrel with a comp but undecided on which one. Hoping to see how similar the angles of a Canik slide are as they look very similar. Canik has many slide contour matching comps that might work on the USP.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#12]
"-OdieGreen-"
Who is doing the slide milling?
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Never an issue with mine, had them for around 8 years now and IIRC i paid $80 for each maybe time to buy some more
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Thanks. She’s going to get a full treatment too.

Slide goes out for RMR milling in a couple weeks.
Match trigger is ordered.
Will be getting the Grey Guns short reset kit and flat trigger he told me is hitting the site soon.
Slide and magwell will be coated Cerakote smoked bronze which is close to the light color. (Not planned that way but win.)
Factory markings will be lasered back on. Will likely add the date code too.
Safety, rail adapter, and base plates will be coated to match the frame.
Threaded barrel with a comp but undecided on which one. Hoping to see how similar the angles of a Canik slide are as they look very similar. Canik has many slide contour matching comps that might work on the USP.
View Quote

Wow!!! Cant wait to see what she looks like when finished
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By awmp:
"-OdieGreen-"
Who is doing the slide milling?
View Quote

Impact Machine. Not sending it out until next week though so I can’t speak from personal experience, just the reputation from others.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ve only had problems with the 15 round mags not stacking the rounds right when loading, the follower would tilt sideways.  I installed the jet funnel kit last year, using the clear mags with no issues.  I haven’t felt the need to spend the extra money on the steel expert mags yet.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ossian:
I’ve only had problems with the 15 round mags not stacking the rounds right when loading, the follower would tilt sideways.  I installed the jet funnel kit last year, using the clear mags with no issues.  I haven’t felt the need to spend the extra money on the steel expert mags yet.
View Quote

Coincidentally last night I went to buy some steelies. Ended up just buying more of the plastic ones instead.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:58:11 AM EDT
[#18]
When I use the white mags, the ejection is much weaker.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Admittedly I don't shoot my USP9 much but I have six of the white mags that sometimes stay loaded for years at a time and they still worked flawlessly.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top