Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2024 3:49:55 PM EDT
I've been waiting for this trigger and I'm disappointed.

I was building up an SCT/Zaffiri EDC and figured this would be the one to get. The trigger safety catches on the frame unless you hold your finger at the very bottom and press the tip of your finger in on the safety, just to be able to clear the frame without dragging on it. Very disappointing. I was going to shave some off the end of the safety, so I took it out and of course lost the spring, lol. Oh well, put it back together without the safety now while I decide on what to do next.

The actual trigger press is nice once you are on the wall, it's just getting there is clunky.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#1]
I've been happy with his stuff but I stick with his oem trigger groups in my gen 2 G23 and G42... have you reached out to him
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AdLucem:
I've been happy with his stuff but I stick with his oem trigger groups in my gen 2 G23 and G42... have you reached out to him
View Quote
Just sent an email.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SouthernGunHand:
Just sent an email.
View Quote

Let us know how u land
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Response was that is how it's designed. To use the just the tip of the finger, I can understand that no problem, just seems more aggressive than necessary.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Try it on an actual GLOCK frame. No telling what the dimensions are on that frame.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I have at least 2 of his triggers. I had the same problem as you. I cut the spring that pushes on the trigger safety 1 coil at a time to lesson the pressure required to clear the fame. Took about 2 coils removed to get it to easily compress and not have to use just the tip of my finger. Stretch the spring out after cutting, so that its approx the same length as before cutting. I mentioned to him the trigger safety should be wider to eliminate this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gunjunki:
I have at least 2 of his triggers. I had the same problem as you. I cut the spring that pushes on the trigger safety 1 coil at a time to lesson the pressure required to clear the fame. Took about 2 coils removed to get it to easily compress and not have to use just the tip of my finger. Stretch the spring out after cutting, so that it's approx the same length as before cutting. I mentioned to him the trigger safety should be wider to eliminate this.
View Quote
Yep was trying the same thing and lost the spring. That thing is tiny and my eyesight is not what it used to be.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#8]
JG's knows his stuff and does good work but his drop in packages are a bit hit or miss. I think this is due to the wide variances from one Glock to another.

The best JG work is when he goes hands on with your pistol and fits his mods to your actual gun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SouthernGunHand:
Yep was trying the same thing and lost the spring. That thing is tiny and my eyesight is not what it used to be.
View Quote

Magnet get a magnet!  I have several neodymium magnets in varying sizes I even had one that could hold my body weight and then some.  I have dropped tiny parts before and no amount of looking could find but magnet wrapped in a plastic grocery bag will find them every single time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Try it on an actual GLOCK frame. No telling what the dimensions are on that frame.
View Quote
Or for that matter, sand some relief in the trigger guard.
I've brutalized every gun I've ever carried to suit me. I might not on an heirloom 1911, but a service pistol?
Licks lips and cracks knuckles.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I ran into the same issue installing a Glock Performance trigger into a Glock 47 I had. The safety would catch on the frame, even though Glock says the GPT is for all gen5 9mm Glocks. I just filed the part of the frame ever so slightly until it cleared, like normal. I did the same thing on my fullsize Dagger where the GPT safety would also rub on the frame. It's much simpler to just file the frame spot for a few seconds and be done with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top