Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2022 11:18:24 AM EDT
What red dot are ya'll running on them? This gun will be used around the property when I am taking care of animals to keep pests and predators away. Mostly armadillos, fox, coyote, raccoons, etc.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:49:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#1]
I don’t have a TX22 but I have a Advantage Arms 22 LR conversion kit for my Glock 19/23 that is like the MOS Glock slide.  I put a Vortex Venom with 3 MOA dot on mine.   I just ordered a second Vortex Venom 3 MOA RDS today from AA Optics.   I ordered online this morning and is going to ship today.   You can’t beat the Vortex warranty and the Venom is a nice size for a 22 LR.   My second Venom is going on a PSA Dagger 9 mm slide.   AA Optics sell refurbished Vortex products which still have full warranty.  A Friend ordered a refurb Vortex Viper HST and it looked brand new.   I think some of the refurbs are display models but I can’t verify this.

https://aaoptics.com/Refurbished_c_122.html
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
I don’t have a TX22 but I have a Advantage Arms 22 LR conversion kit for my Glock 19/23 that is like the MOS Glock slide.  I put a Vortex Venom with 3 MOA dot on mine.   I just ordered a second Vortex Venom 3 MOA RDS today from AA Optics.   I ordered online this morning and is going to ship today.   You can’t beat the Vortex warranty and the Venom is a nice size for a 22 LR.   My second Venom is going on a PSA Dagger 9 mm slide.   AA Optics sell refurbished Vortex products which still have full warranty.  A Friend ordered a refurb Vortex Viper HST and it looked brand new.   I think some of the refurbs are display models but I can’t verify this.

https://aaoptics.com/Refurbished_c_122.html
View Quote

Thank you! I like Vortex stuff as well and I didn’t want to pay full price. I’m fine with refurb.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got another question. Anybody tried the tandemkross victory trigger? The one thing I don’t really care for is the mushy feeling trigger. Is upgrading the trigger with it or just learn to live with it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 2:19:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OTTOSEAR] [#4]
FastFire 3
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 12:18:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I put the lakeline dovetail mount on my tx22 with a Riton brand rds. I wouldn't put one on any carry gun, but for a 22 trainer I shoot the hell out of i figured what the hell I'll give it a shot for $100
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#6]
For my tx22 competition i like the leupold delta point pro with the nv settings.
Dead air mask with american eagle 45gr copper plated subsonic ammo zeroed at 25yd.
There is a 8in diameter steel gong hanging 70 yards from the back porch.
I can walk outside and hit it on the first shot with this setup.
My favorite 22lr handgun for sure.
Removed a good number of pests with it.
The bullet impact on the pest is louder than the shot.

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 2:44:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got a used one at my local gun shop the other day. It is a lot of fun to shoot. It ran very well with both CCI standard and Mini mags, and Federal Champion ammo. I see myself shooting this one a lot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:08:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
I put the lakeline dovetail mount on my tx22 with a Riton brand rds. I wouldn't put one on any carry gun, but for a 22 trainer I shoot the hell out of i figured what the hell I'll give it a shot for $100
View Quote

Did the very same thing.  Works great.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jfor:
I’ve got another question. Anybody tried the tandemkross victory trigger? The one thing I don’t really care for is the mushy feeling trigger. Is upgrading the trigger with it or just learn to live with it?
View Quote

I bought a used TX22 COMP model off the EE here and the seller sold it to me with one installed.
For the most part I really like it. The only thing I don't completely care for is the texturing on the flat trigger shoe.
I guess they put that on there for More tactile feel, but would rather like it to be smooth.
It has a nice pull with little creep and good reset. You can adjust the pull weight but l left it how he had it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I threw a swampfox liberty on my TX22 competition. It's held zero just fine, glass is clear, and I couldnt be happier with a red dot on a 22.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:07:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RUT] [#11]
>>Anybody tried the tandemkross victory trigger?<<

Yes, I just had one installed on my Compact and it looks and feels great!

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top