Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2023 4:07:53 PM EDT
And it’s probably going back to colt….. chatter marks in the bbl and the rear sight is almost pegged right.  Never had any issues with the 5 colt ARs, 2 1911 or my new King Cobra so I guess my luck ran out. I caught in inspecting it before the transfer but Arms unlimited refused to take it back saying they have a no return policy on firearms & ammo. Sad part is the cylinder timing is perfect. Was told the turnaround is 45 business days…… thought about just keeping it ,Shoot it 1st & live with it or take the risk of getting something worse in return?

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure someone will be along to ask how it shot and say it's a tool.

With modern machining and at $1500 there are no excuses.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
My King Cobra is flawless and it was $500 cheaper. I guess I was expecting the same here. I’m going to shoot it and make sure the sight isn’t just off but if it isn’t or it needs to go more to the right my OCD couldn’t handle it
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Send it to Colt and tell them you want a new barrel installed and tell them your concerns why. Gives us a full report on the progress.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FullAssault:
My King Cobra is flawless and it was $500 cheaper. I guess I was expecting the same here. I’m going to shoot it and make sure the sight isn’t just off but if it isn’t or it needs to go more to the right my OCD couldn’t handle it
View Quote

I completely get it.  I would definitely be sending it back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#5]
My LGS is sending one back for the same reason.  Unreal.

The $700 Ruger GP100 I just bought shoots great.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Just sent my new Anaconda back for a bad barrel too. Yours looks pretty good compared to mine (excuse the phone picks).

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
That sucks! That’s way off center. I end up shaving my front sight and shimmed the rear. it’s not centered but at least it’s not pegged. It’s still shooting a left at 25 yds but dead on at 15 so not sure if that’s me or the sights. I ran out of ammo before I could get it sorted out. At this point it shoots decent enough. It bugs the piss out of knowing it’s not perfectly straight but it would bug me a lot more if I sent it off for 2/3 mo and I got it back with an off center bbl or something. I’m thinking I might just keep it as is and live with it. Has anybody returned one to colt recently and got it back?

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#8]

fuck that

If you can't shoot it at 25 yards, how are you gonna hunt deer with it.

a good magnum revolver, and some practice, should be able to get hits way beyond that

Link Posted: 3/28/2023 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#9]
That is a shame that quality assurance passed that. My Python was perfect, as you should expect for the cost.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 9:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#10]
I really don't understand garbage barrel work, from Colt, or anyone else for that matter. They have been doing it for what, 150+ years? It just isn't that damn hard other then some lazy shit worker [and inspector] not bothering to check his tooling and line the barrel and his cutter up correctly. If they could do it BY HAND for decades and decades, doing it on a machine that is [supposedly] incredibly more precise should be a walk in the park.

I was pretty excited when Colt [well, not REALLY Colt anymore] started making revolvers again but I have decided that I'm pretty happy with my old ''imprecise'' ones that somehow are FAR more precise then the new ones. My OMP Colt barrel looks like it was cut with a billion dollar laser compared to the new ones.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#11]
My Python looked fantastic and with no QC issues to see.

However, it wouldn't cycle, halfway through trigger pull or pulling hammer it hit a wall.  If you gave the cylinder a little tiny help it would go.  Then that problem stopped and turned into light primer strikes via double action.

It's currently at Colt, it's frustrating but I'm not upset, still want an Anaconda.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Are these AC200XXX or AC000XXX guns?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:28:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAssault] [#13]
AC229XXX, I found with 240gr my rear sight didn’t need to be almost pegged to the right (still not perfectly centered). I decided to slap an RMR on it rather than take a chance of getting back more jacked up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ag04blast:
I'm sure someone will be along to ask how it shot and say it's a tool.

With modern machining and at $1500 there are no excuses.
View Quote

This. Pure and simple. It’s a sad state of affairs in the gun industry and hobby that we are afraid to send guns for warranty work in fear they will come back worse.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I sent my Python in for repair, it came a bit off, the hammer was locking up.  30 days later it was back and excellent.

Also finally got an Anaconda, damn it’s awesome.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Update to my Anaconda issue above:

I sent the gun back to Colt for barrel replacement in early March. I was told we’ll let you know when it’s done, don’t need to keep checking back for updates. Well, after 6 months I got pissed and called last week. The customer service guy was shocked when I told him it was 6 months, looked up the repair and put me on hold for a bit.

He came back to the phone and said something about getting with the production manager to get this resolved. Yesterday I got what I thought was my gun back from Colt, but they sent me a new gun with paperwork saying the first gun was scrapped. I’ve sent a couple guns back for repairs before but never had one replaced yet.

I looked it over, and it looks and functions as it should.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a Colt Mustang replaced that way back in the early 80's. The frame was a bad casting with little pitting on it but not from rust. Colt just sent me a new one.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top