Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2023 10:56:29 AM EDT
I had occasion to shoot a P17 yesterday and it was kind of a blast. For cheap money it looked like something I might like to have, but I've seen varying reviews both pro and con. Any first hand experience or caveats would be appreciated.

TIA.....
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both the P17 & the Taurus TX22.  I`ve had no problems with the TX22.   the P17 started stovepiping & jamming. The extractor was locked up. I took it apart & removed the burrs, Keltec sent me a new spring cause of course I lost it.  It worked great until last Friday, same problem.  jams & stovepipes. failure to eject.  I'll fiddle with it, but I think this time it goes back to the factory.  My buddy's P17 has been great, but he prefers the TX22 also.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Well thanks for the reply and heads-up on the P17. The P17 is a bit of a "luck of the draw" situation, as I know a couple of folks who've had great success with them. Guess I'll stick with my Buckmarks. I tried the TX-22 Competition but quickly returned it due to the crappy barrel. (something I can't abide!)
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've sold a bunch of them and tx22. I had 2 tx 22 barrels with shit rifling I caught and sent back before I sold them. They both have run great. I wanna machinegun a tx 22 and a p17.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 6:11:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Homegrown] [#4]
I have both a tx22 and a p17. I had a different tx22 that had the crap barrel so I got rid of it. The current tx22  has been reliable. The p17 has been very reliable. I prefer the p17 over the tx.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top