Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/29/2024 8:40:32 AM EDT
I got an LCP II in 22 LR basically to see if I could make it a meme suppressing. Took it to the range yesterday, and it was fun with my 22 can and reliable enough with subs that it's fun. I also found that it was reliable with bulk federal I have a pile of, so I was considering setting it up to be a gun to carry when I don't want to carry a gun. Yeah yeah, I know, but it was deceptively shootable and I kept everything in a ~7" circle at 25 yards, so not terrible for a tiny gun with imaginary sights.

So here are the questions:

Is there a threaded barrel cover I could get and pull this long adapter off? It doesn't fit in the pocket holster with the long ass threaded adapter
Attachment Attached File

Is there a way to remove the thumb safety (and potentially mag safety?) If I'm going to carry it ever, would likely be uninterested in trying to hit that safety in a hurry. Also mag safeties are dumb.

Does anyone use those little metal clips that attach to the slide/frame and run down the length of the gun? I know it doesn't cover the trigger but would only be used like this in cruiser ready mode.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]
My Ruger LCP II 22, barrel kit came with wrench and small stainless cover for muzzle threads. Supressor barrel adds about 1/4" to barrel vs unnthreaded. Mag safety is easy to remove and mine is gone. If you don't have parts check Ruger.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Internal safety can be removed. Check YouTube

I am considering buying one, because I have a weakness for small 22s and miss my little Beretta. So I looked into how to remove both parts.

The opening left behind by the removal can likely be plugged if you have access to a 3d printer, or even possibly a pen or chunk of material such as plastic that you can shape to fit. I would personally feel much better knowing the hole is plugged, though the guy in the video claims to have put 3k rounds through his without issue. For what that’s worth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top