Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2024 7:11:56 PM EDT
Found this Loaded Operator MC in a pawn shop $650 out the door.  Got it because I had wanted a loaded operator for a while but they were discontinued. I see it says loaded operator whereas the new ones are just MC Operators. What is the difference?  

Pic of pawn shop find!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea, but epic find. At $650, I'd have picked it up as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chrismartin:
No idea, but epic find. At $650, I'd have picked it up as well.
View Quote

Passed one up pre Covid that was $750 which was the going rate at the time for used.  Said I’d get one later and then Covid happened and the MSRP of the guns new went up driving the used prices up!  Want to shoot it!  Might be a woods carry gun for me!
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:08:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: snaggletooth1925] [#3]
I’m not an expert but I have an MC Operator. From the looks of it the current Marine Corp Operator is the same as the old version that came before the kind you bought.

I think the major differences were going from no front strap checkering and pachmeyer wrap around grips to adding texturing and G10 grips and no lock out

DISCONTINUED: 1911 LOADED MARINE CORPS OPERATOR

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/1911-loaded-handguns/1911-loaded-marine-corps-operator-45-acp-handgun-ca-compliant/

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
@D_J
Do you think moving this to 1911 would get more interest?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:49:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StillGonnaSendIt] [#6]
Originally Posted By D_J:
You’d probably get more traffic, might not be good traffic.
View Quote

We’ll just keep it here then.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Iirc one was smooth front strap w/ pachmayr grips and then the one like you got w/ the front strap treatment.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By glazer1972:
Iirc one was smooth front strap w/ pachmayr grips and then the one like you got w/ the front strap treatment.
View Quote

That’s about as far as I’ve gotten. Just reading off of Springfield’s site. I tried to go deeper and just cannot see if anything internal is different or if there are MIM small parts to worry about like in the new ones.  I appreciate everyone’s replies!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#10]
They all had some MIM. Pretty sure the Pro had one piece in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top