Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2024 6:24:17 PM EDT
How is the quality on these? Just got their ad for 10mm conversion bbl for a Glock 41. I love my 41 and would really like a longslide in 10mm.

Anyone here have any experience with their conversions barrels of any type?

https://lonewolfdist.com/barrels/glock-compatible-barrels/g20-21-40-41-full-size/alphawolf-barrel-for-m-41-conversion-to-10mm-stock-length/?_kx=MCjWef9vabObwin5qvnriZHjQaCS-6TKiARfqkoOtF4.TzJH2A
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:26:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muricha] [#1]
I have 4 in 4 different Glocks.
I shoot 45 super in the 21.
Changed due to need of threaded barrel and fully supported chamber.
This was during the EOW so KKM we’re not to be had.

I’m not a bullseye shot so I can’t comment on accuracy as they are more accurate than me.
But so were my OEM barrels.

1 sample from a mediocre shooter isn’t allot of help but I’m satisfied.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Muricha:
I have 4 in 4 different Glocks.
I shoot 45 super in the 21.
Changed due to need of threaded barrel and fully supported chamber.
This was during the EOW so KKM we’re not to be had.

I’m not a bullseye shot so I can’t comment on accuracy as they are more accurate than me.
But so were my OEM barrels.

1 sample from a mediocre shooter isn’t allot of help but I’m satisfied.
View Quote

I can live with OEM-level accuracy if I get OEM-level reliability.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one in the early 2000s; .40 S&W to 9mm conversion for my G22.3 that was generally reliable.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a .357 SIG Lone Wolf barrel for my Glock M31 so I didn't have to worry about using jacketed bullets all the time - and because the M31 did not meet my accuracy expectations.  

The Lone Wolf barrel shot better groups for me than the factory barrel.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had one of their 9mm conversion barrels for a G22 for several years and I can't recall ever having a reliability issue with it at all.

Accuracy seems equal to the factory .40 barrel.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I had one for a Glock 35 I once had.  Used the 9mm Lone Wolf conversion barrel in it.  My Glock wasn't reliable until I also swapped the ejector but that wasn't the barrel's fault.  Barrel was accurate and I shot plenty with it
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used the LW barrels in the past but my cousin has been using the AIM barrels in his carry pistol for range shooting.  He carries 357 Sig but when we shoot he swaps over to 9mm to save on ammunition costs.  They surprisingly shoot really well on par with Glock factory barrels and the 19 barrel I used in my dads Glock build shoot stupid tight groups better Han my Gen5 Marksman barrel.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Strela:
How is the quality on these? Just got their ad for 10mm conversion bbl for a Glock 41. I love my 41 and would really like a longslide in 10mm.

Anyone here have any experience with their conversions barrels of any type?

https://lonewolfdist.com/barrels/glock-compatible-barrels/g20-21-40-41-full-size/alphawolf-barrel-for-m-41-conversion-to-10mm-stock-length/?_kx=MCjWef9vabObwin5qvnriZHjQaCS-6TKiARfqkoOtF4.TzJH2A
View Quote

My Lone Wolf conversion barrels have been perfect in terms of reliability and I am satisfied with their accuracy. I have a KKM 10mm for my G41, and while it is very accurate I have not had good reliability with it. Not sure if it’s the barrel or the springs. I only bought it because the LW G41 conversion barrels were out of stock for what must have been two years. I’d be intensely curious what results you get with yours, if you get one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:36:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muricha] [#9]
Originally Posted By Rider_No2:

My Lone Wolf conversion barrels have been perfect in terms of reliability and I am satisfied with their accuracy. I have a KKM 10mm for my G41, and while it is very accurate I have not had good reliability with it. Not sure if it’s the barrel or the springs. I only bought it because the LW G41 conversion barrels were out of stock for what must have been two years. I’d be intensely curious what results you get with yours, if you get one.
View Quote

NDZ makes a great spring kit for conversions (I woods carry 45 Super). They are nice because they come with multiple spring choices so you can customize or go back to OEM recommended weights at will.

My G41 and G21 both run well with Supers and a 21#  20# spring.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:24:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rider_No2] [#10]
Originally Posted By Muricha:

NDZ makes a great spring kit for conversions (I woods carry 45 Super). They are nice because they come with multiple spring choices so you can customize or go back to OEM recommended weights at will.

My G41 and G21 both run well with Supers and a 21# spring.
View Quote

That is exactly what I have - I think it came with three springs at 20, 22, and 24 pounds. I’ve had the fewest malfunctions with the 20lb spring, and have not tried the factory G41 spring yet with the 10mm ammo. I may be oversprung for the ammo I’m using.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:01:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muricha] [#11]
NDZ Tuner pack edit- not g5, that’s a different part number.

Can’t go wrong.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Thanks for the suggestion, but it looks like I'll need this one if I go the conversion route.

https://ndzperformance.com/ndz-guide-rod-tuner-pack-for-glock-gen-4-20-21-40-41-ndz-g4-g20-tp/
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad you caught that.

Hope it remedies your issue.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:21:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#14]
I've got a Lone Wolf threaded G23 40>9mm and a non-threaded G27 40>9mm (both 3rd gen).  Both have worked fine with only a mag change including suppressed and are probably as accurate as the Glock barrel; I can't say as I recall shooting them back to back for accuracy, just messing around with some run and gun style goofing off.  I used KKM .45-10mm conversion barrels with, IIRC, 20# springs too; guess I got lucky as no issues with reliability (LW didn't offer them at the time I don't think).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top