Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Taurus G3 or G3C (compact). They don't have a de-cocker' because they are striker-fire, but they are available with a traditional thumb safety, 'shoot', down, 'safe', up. I have both and they are some of my favorites.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
CZ SP01 tactical is pretty close…
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Beretta is what you seek. Or a
CZ75.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:42:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#4]
For the mag capacity restrictions, I'd personally look for a .45 in the compact size for CCW. On a whim, I picked up an HK45 Compact (mine has the threaded barrel, but you can get one without) and it's about the same size as a Glock 19. They have 8 and 10 round magazines, and I have a few aftermarket upgraded 12 round mags (8-rounders are better suited to CCW). All of the features you're looking for as long as you don't mind expensive mags.

I have a couple of FN .45's and the HK45/Compact offer a similar DA/SA, decocker/safety mechanism which I actually like for carry options.

I didn't know how I would like it. I have an older P2000SK that I do like, but I'm not really a huge HK pistol fan. I really like the HK45 compact...

Downside are averagely expensive mags, there are custom holster makers, but not a ton-off the shelf options, HK isn't pro-civilian for customer service, but at least their reputation is good enough to not need it

Non-threaded version...it's actually a good looking handgun as well:

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:30:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#5]
Wrong thread
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blueinterceptor:
Beretta centurion
View Quote
THIS^^^

G configuration.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:24:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#7]
Just picked up a second S&W 10mm 1066 (4.25”, DA/SA). It was in excellent condition and came with four 9-rd mags. Capacity is 9+1 rds of Best Meter.

I also have a sweet ex-L.E. 4566, a pre-TSW DA/SA  4.25” model with a decock-only lever. Capacity is 8+1.

These “Commander”-size 3rd Generation Smiths are built like tanks, and with reduced-power hammer springs from Wolff you can literally ‘tune’ the trigger-pull weight to your liking.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Beretta PX4 Compact Carry
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lattimer:
I should post this in GD, just so everyone can watch me get my block knocked off.

I'm looking to try doing a 180 with my usual carry weapon and try out a new CCW.

Before anyone gets too wound up, I have a handful of wonder 9s, a few striker 45s, etc. I'm looking to scratch a slightly different itch.

Must haves:

DA/SA
decocker
safety (yes, I'd like both a safety and a decocker...and by that I mean safety on anywhere from cocked and locked, all the way down to safety down/hammer down)
decent mag availability
the slight hope of getting parts in the future
IWB holster availability
again, CCW. I carry at 2:30/3. I'm 6'4" 250, so I can conceal a lot, but there's no way I can conceal something like my Tanfo Stock II. And the sharp edges and beavertail are no bueno. I have a bit of pudge that spills over while seated (working on that)
No threaded bbl (no go in commieland)

I know, I know. I'm already super limited.

Nice to haves:

I'm limited to 10 rounds per my wonderful state. I'm cool with 10rnds@9mm, but am open to other calibers (namely 9, 45, 10, maybe 40). Not looking to go 380 though.
I'm trying to like red dots, I really am. The ability to utilize them would be nice, but not necessary
I may play with a light. Again, not necessary, and holster options will likely be impossible if I try to fit a light onto an already unpopular gun
Metal frame with replaceable grip panels. I like being able to play with grips.

So far, the only thing I'm coming up with is the Arex Zero 1 Compact. I'm not necessarily opposed to it, but would like some options if you guys can think of any.

I typically shoot CZ and Sig, but I am not a died in the wool proponent of either, nor am I that advanced of a shooter that a change would cause me to lose my mind. My answer may be staring me in the face, but I know for a fact that the knowledge on here far surpasses mine.....so lets hear it.
View Quote

You want an HK

Considering you are limited to 10rounds I would look at the HK45 and HK45C which fulfills all your requirements.

The USP compacts in 9, 40, and 45 are options as well but will probably cost more. Uunlike the P2000 they also are available with both safety and decocker like the 45 and 45C.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _DR:
My 1943 Spreewerke P38 fits that bill. 7 round mag.
Safety with decocker, SA/DA. It's the first pistol ever I believe, to have a decocker.

They can be had for about $800 still. Its a nice pistol.

Since your state leaders are like Nazis, might as well carry a Nazi pistol!

I believe the sauer 38 h was the first DA/SA pistol to have a decocker.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#11]
The latest model of HK45 Tactical is optic ready 10 round mags are the only ones made for it. It checks the boxes
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#12]
With those specs, gotta say USP or Beretta 92 type compact.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top