Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2024 11:28:51 AM EDT
Anyone gotten one yet? It looks fantastic, and I'm 87% certain that I'm going to switch my "service" pistol over to it from my M2.0.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
@-KentuckyWindage- has the M18X which is very similar to the M17X.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
@-KentuckyWindage- has the M18X which is very similar to the M17X.
View Quote

It is fantastic setup, I have been on the Glock train for many years and have found this to be perfect combo for me to convert.  The M17 optic is the best pistol mounted optic that I have used to date.
Pic
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one last month and got the $200 webstore gift card. Local shop had one NIB for $1200, i figured the optic was worth $800 alone so why not.

I have never shot a p320 before, but I wanted to see what all the drama was about with it, best way is to buy one.

Great shooting gun, very soft shooting. The optic is perfect.

I put a small X grip on it for my small hands.

Still not 100% ready to carry it but its a great gun.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, wish I'd keyed in on this during the rebate.

I've got one more place to check locally, then I'll have to buy online and transfer it. I'm guessing this is allocated, and that's why Scheels can't get it for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a M18X in December.  Shot it several times.  Nice pistol.

All 25 yard shots.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:09:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#6]
Big fan of the m18x with a micro comp. 10/10 highly recommend. Rebate was clutch, I paid about $1475 after xfer and then got back the $200. Was hard to tell
if it would qualify, but super pleased with how it worked out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAG2955] [#7]
I got a local shop to order me one of the ones that Rainier had. They beat my mil discount by a few bucks. I save a little, they made some, I'm happy.

I'm very excited to try this optic.

I ordered the jig to add a thumb safety as well as the safety itself. I'm looking at all my light-bearing holsters and am just thinking "wow, those are wide open to the trigger."

I may get one of those Brouwer frames. They look like a 1911 grip angle.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
I got a local shop to order me one of the ones that Rainier had. They beat my mil discount by a few bucks. I save a little, they made some, I'm happy.

I'm very excited to try this optic.

I ordered the jig to add a thumb safety as well as the safety itself. I'm looking at all my light-bearing holsters and am just thinking "wow, those are wide open to the trigger."

I may get one of those Brouwer frames. They look like a 1911 grip angle.
View Quote
They are the bomb, I'm actually upgrading this one to the laser cut one. Love the setup. You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I like it but is it only available in baby s--t brown.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:07:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAG2955] [#10]
Originally Posted By jt526:
They are the bomb, I'm actually upgrading this one to the laser cut one. Love the setup. You won't be disappointed.
View Quote
Is their "silicon carbide" a $50 way of saying "grip tape"?

But I was looking at the laser cut one. I like my pistols super aggressive.

I take it you added the safety?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:46:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
I like it but is it only available in baby s--t brown.
View Quote

They’re coming in their professional program (military / law enforcement line) at some point. Not sure if / when they’ll make it to the regular commercial market. I suspect they’ll the available second hand but expensive, the way the military production pistols are.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#12]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/158773/IMG_3931-3192844.jpgBig fan of the m18x with a micro comp. 10/10 highly recommend. Rebate was clutch, I paid about $1475 after xfer and then got back the $200. Was hard to tell
if it would qualify, but super pleased with how it worked out.
View Quote

Nice!  With that peddle, what type of holster are you using?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Yep I've done 2 FCUs with a jig just fine, but this one I sent out to AB Protoype. I highly recommend them. Turnaround was like 5 days. Super fast. I cut the grip myself though. Little harder on the Brouwer as the jig that came for the grip in my kit doesn't fit over a slide stop bump out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:20:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#14]
Originally Posted By Wespe:

Nice!  With that peddle, what type of holster are you using?
View Quote
The 7 series safariland, gas pedal fits perfectly fine. I use gcode hangers so I didn't need a qls
or fancy one. I did pull off the little optics gate cover thing on the top.

this is what optics planet calls it

Safariland 7378RDS 7TS ALS Concealment Paddle & Belt Loop Combo Holster, SIG Sauer P320 .40 S&W/SIG Sauer P320 9mm, Streamlight TLR-1HL/SureFire X300U, Right, STX Plain, Black, 7378RDS-4502-411, DS-HT6-BNQP-7378RDS-4502-411

Whenever slide + optics combos come out I'll pick up maybe 2 M18 ones to replace my other RMR equipped P320s
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm waiting for them to release the slides only with the ROMEO-M17 instead of having to by the whole pistol.  I imagine it will happen eventually.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#16]
The 7 series safariland, gas pedal fits perfectly fine. I use gcode hangers so I didn't need a qls

Safariland 7378RDS 7TS ALS Concealment Paddle & Belt Loop Combo Holster, SIG Sauer P320 .40 S&W/SIG Sauer P320 9mm, Streamlight TLR-1HL/SureFire X300U, Right, STX Plain, Black, 7378RDS-4502-411, DS-HT6-BNQP-7378RDS-4502-411

Whenever slide + optics combos come out I'll pick up maybe 2 M18 ones to replace my other RMR equipped P320s
View Quote

Good to know.  Thanks a lot for the info.  I’ve been toying with the idea of adding a gas pedal but the holster part always made me pause.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Good to know.  Thanks a lot for the info.  I’ve been toying with the idea of adding a gas pedal but the holster part always made me pause.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I didn't realize it was so big until it came in the mail.  Still works with my mil safariland, but I need a new IWB if I want to carry around town.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:49:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XM21Nick] [#18]
Look over that optic very carefully before you buy . A LGS just got in two of them on an M17X and a M18X. On one the round reticle was egg shaped and the other was semi flat. Like you take a tennis ball in both hands and squeeze it to make it bow out on the sides .
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Mines fine. I shot it a few times tonight to get the optic close to zeroed.

I like it quite a bit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Mines fine. I shot it a few times tonight to get the optic close to zeroed.

I like it quite a bit.
View Quote

This, super high quality in my sample size of two
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I have 1500 rds through mine. Great gun. Coming from Glocks and 2011’s I actually really enjoy the 320. I added the sandpaper talon grip as the sig grips are lacking in texture but otherwise I think sig knocked it out of the park with this one
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:
Look over that optic very carefully before you buy . A LGS just got in two of them on an M17X and a M18X. On one the round reticle was egg shaped and the other was semi flat. Like you take a tennis ball in both hands and squeeze it to make it bow out on the sides .
View Quote
I've got an astigmatism, they all look like that to me!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#23]
So I do notice that this trigger is worse than my P320 X-Five Legion.

Can I buy that trigger anywhere, or would I see an improvement with an Apex?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Shoot it more and break it in. It'll get better. I found it to have a better trigger than my p320 x5 legion
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JohnMH92:

Shoot it more and break it in. It'll get better. I found it to have a better trigger than my p320 x5 legion
View Quote
That's always an acceptable course of action.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#26]

View Quote

The skeletonized flat trigger is a direct drop in and is a good upgrade over the stock trigger.  Knock off 2 lbs with no spring change, just cam geometry. Apex if you like the shape of their triggers.

My 2 cents, the best aftermarket trigger for the 320 is the Gray Guns flat adjustable competition trigger. You need to be very comfortable taking apart the sear group or have access to an experienced armorer for install. Gray guns will install it for you but time/money.  Don't get it if your finger is undisciplined and prone to glock leg yourself. Trigger pull will be in the 2.5 ~ 3.5 lb range depending which springs you go with.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Yep I've done 2 FCUs with a jig just fine, but this one I sent out to AB Protoype. I highly recommend them. Turnaround was like 5 days. Super fast. I cut the grip myself though. Little harder on the Brouwer as the jig that came for the grip in my kit doesn't fit over a slide stop bump out.
View Quote
Where you get the grip cutting jig? I have a Brouwer and I'm putting together my M17 FCU and need to cut the frame for the safety.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:19:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#28]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:
Where you get the grip cutting jig? I have a Brouwer and I'm putting together my M17 FCU and need to cut the frame for the safety.
View Quote
I just free handed it, the jig I got was with a kit to cut out the safety slot on the FCU from mod armory. But because of the Brouwer bump out on the mag release it doesn't fit.

I just went slow with the dremel and used the markings as a guide.

i be this 3d printed style would work though

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5181458

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:
View Quote

I went back to just the dot, circle/dot felt too busy to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top