Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2024 3:58:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB]
Surprisingly, shipped w/ flat triggers, one 17rd and two 21rd mags. Some of the agencies must have specified curved trigger.

...and the unofficial M18 PRO AXG. Will have to have a shootout between the Romeo 2 and the M17 red dots. The M17 profile is about 7.5 mm lower than Romeo 2 w/ half or full shroud.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Those look good!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The M17 optic is amazeballs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks awesome. I have the slide and optic combo on backorder with Proven Arms. I’m hoping it shows up sometime soon.

I’m curious, which barrel does the Pro come with, the commercial or military version? Comparison photos here for reference.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:27:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
The M17 optic is amazeballs.
View Quote

It really is. I hate the phrase, game changer, but it's a significant step for Sig. You get a more natural point of aim with the lower profile. I also think that it will be an easier transition for traditional notch and post shooters who may be fighting the new fangled optic craze.  

The only draw back is cost and the limitation of the MIL slides.  

Romeo X will be a good alternative for agencies/officers/other qualified buyers. The X optic has all the same design cues, minus the sealed portion, and at a lower price and fits all the R2 cut guns. Sig actually dropped the cost on the Carry and Full size duty guns w/ the X from the Romeo1-Pro.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
That looks awesome. I have the slide and optic combo on backorder with Proven Arms. I'm hoping it shows up sometime soon.

I'm curious, which barrel does the Pro come with, the commercial or military version? Comparison photos here for reference.
View Quote

Slide combos might ship next month.

It is not the military barrel. Different hood geometry and crown.  It's the standard barrel w/ an LCI.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Biggest problem with the optic is the battery cap comes loose from shooting. I have just over 2,000 rds through my M17X and every couple mags the battery cap loosens.

Otherwise this is probably sigs best 320 variation
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JohnMH92:
Biggest problem with the optic is the battery cap comes loose from shooting. I have just over 2,000 rds through my M17X and every couple mags the battery cap loosens.

Otherwise this is probably sigs best 320 variation
View Quote

That issue never came up in the agency torture testing that I'm familiar with. Tightened down finger tight then a quarter turn w/ a tool and that cap shouldn't go anywhere.

You should consider a phone call to Sig and warranty claim.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

Slide combos might ship next month.

It is not the military barrel. Different hood geometry and crown.  It's the standard barrel w/ an LCI.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I assumed it was going to come as a slide only with the optic mounted.  I wasn’t expecting a complete assembly with barrel and spring. I’ve actually been thinking of getting another military production M18 to use the barrel and FCU with the black slide / optic. Either way, I’ll probably go that route and part out the extra components. I’d like to have an identical but black version of the military M18 (with the X series grip).
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Thanks for the info. I assumed it was going to come as a slide only with the optic mounted.  I wasn't expecting a complete assembly with barrel and spring. I've actually been thinking of getting another military production M18 to use the barrel and FCU with the black slide / optic. Either way, I'll probably go that route and part out the extra components. I'd like to have an identical but black version of the military M18 (with the X series grip).
View Quote

I don't think they'll include barrel and springs. Have only seen complete guns at this point. Figured I'd be deleting the LCI for my personal gun if I pickup a slide combo. Now, I'm just going to take a slide off of one of the complete guns for 'testing purposes'.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]
That looks awesome. I have the slide and optic combo on backorder with Proven Arms. I’m hoping it shows up sometime soon.

I’m curious, which barrel does the Pro come with, the commercial or military version? Comparison photos here for reference.
View Quote

I don't see this slide combo on Proven arms, could you help me out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:47:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#11]
Originally Posted By 1-75Ranger:
I don't see this slide combo on Proven arms, could you help me out.
View Quote

My understanding is that they haven’t listed it because they don’t know when SIG will release it to LE dealers. I emailed their customer service team ([email protected]) and asked them to back order a black M18 / Romeo-M17 combination (WSLIDE-M18-BLK-9-RM17) for me. They sent me a work order confirming that they’ve put it in their system. I’ve used that method a few times for SIG products that are available but not in stock / backordered. If you’d prefer the M17 version, the part number is: WSLIDE-M17-BLK-9-RM17. Both are $899 for LE/MIL customers, so I assume that’s the slide and optic only, without the barrel and spring.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:28:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnMH92] [#12]

That issue never came up in the agency torture testing that I'm familiar with. Tightened down finger tight then a quarter turn w/ a tool and that cap shouldn't go anywhere.

You should consider a phone call to Sig and warranty claim.
View Quote

My LE agency has this on all of our sig M18X's. Not a single one of the 2,500 black M18X's we have has a battery screw that stays tight.
Part of our SOP's is now to witness mark the battery cap and check it before and after shift lol
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:49:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#13]
It would be amazeballs with a standard trigger curve and some polished hard chrome.

Sig 320 thread.

M18 with no safety................???

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JohnMH92:

My LE agency has this on all of our sig M18X's. Not a single one of the 2,500 black M18X's we have has a battery screw that stays tight.
Part of our SOP's is now to witness mark the battery cap and check it before and after shift lol
View Quote

Guess my sample size of two are unicorns …..
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Ran the slide/optic on my AXG frame with a Gray Guns comp trigger during practice yesterday. 225 rounds or so. Liked it enough that it's staying on there for a 3 day shooting class this next weekend.

I did witness mark the battery cap. So far no movement. Am considering a dab of Vibra Tite as this would seem to be a good application as opposed to a thread locker.  Will keep an eye on it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Guess my sample size of two are unicorns …..
View Quote

Don't get me wrong, this M17 romeo optic is my favorite optic. I've used / owned all of them. RMR, SRO, Acros, holosuns, etc. I'm unsure why the battery caps are loosening. Im curious if the threads start and end in a different spot making it that way or if the rubber gasket is not as thick or tight. Other than the battery cap coming loose, this optic is amazing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:01:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#17]
Put a paint dot on my battery cap and it's held up well so far. Headed for a class and will keep a close eye on it. Curious if I'll see any movement. Also got my backup gun sorted.

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Put a paint dot on my battery cap and it's held up well so far. Headed for a class and will keep a close eye on it. Curious if I'll see any movement. Also got my backup gun sorted.[/url]
View Quote

That looks awesome. I’m really hoping my black slide and optic combo arrives sometime soon. Looking forward to turning that into my carry pistol.

The battery cap on my Coyote Romeo-M17 is definitely on there very securely, although I only have 300 rounds through my M17 since I mounted the optic (hoping to add to that tomorrow). It must be some issue with faulty gaskets or something that’s resulting in the agency optics with loosening caps. Hopefully SIG can address that quickly.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#19]
The battery cap on my Coyote Romeo-M17 is definitely on there very securely, although I only have 300 rounds through my M17 since I mounted the optic (hoping to add to that tomorrow).
View Quote

Well, I spoke too soon. I checked it last night, and my battery cap was loose by about a 1/4 turn. I think I only hand tightened it when I originally installed the optic. I’m going to cinch it down a little tighter and see how it does on my next range trip.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Attachment Attached File

View Quote

What trigger is that?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

What trigger is that?
View Quote
Gray guns competition trigger. That's been in that FCU for about 3 years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

What trigger is that?

Looks good!

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:19:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#23]

That looks awesome. I'm really hoping my black slide and optic combo arrives sometime soon. Looking forward to turning that into my carry pistol.

The battery cap on my Coyote Romeo-M17 is definitely on there very securely, although I only have 300 rounds through my M17 since I mounted the optic (hoping to add to that tomorrow). It must be some issue with faulty gaskets or something that's resulting in the agency optics with loosening caps. Hopefully SIG can address that quickly.
View Quote

After 3 hard days can happily report that the M18 PRO top performed flawlessly. Lot of precision shooting required and I ended up keeping the optic on Circle-Dot mode to my surprise.

Battery cap showed zero movement.

Too early to draw a conclusion. My suspicion is it's going to come down to the installation process (only finger tight) and/or lack of detailed instruction. BUT, time will tell and is something for all to keep an eye on.
Top Top