Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2024 7:24:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RS39]
I have not had it a long time, but just swapped out some nice palm swell LOK grips. I used my inch/lb wrench for the booklet recommended 10in/lb.

Everything seems normal except I cannot pull the slide all the way back with the hammer down, just to part cock but not racking a round. The G model lever is fully up, and it racks a full slide if I manually pull the hammer back first. But I recall it loaded a round from hammer down (then decock with the lever) easily before.

I gave the exposed bits some gentle q-tip CLP with the grips off, and did the usual light disassembly of the upper to lube as well.

I see at least one video with the G racking fine from hammer down, so mine should do as I recall.

But what did I bork up?

Thanks, feel free to humble me.

{edit update}
This morning I tried simply removing the right side grip. yep it works. The back end of the trigger bar has its motion limited by the grip fit. Now to figure out how to remove the correct material in the grip, and the right sharpie alternative to identify the right areas...

Evening update- fixed it by using a squared grinding stone not quite nailboard grit to turn the shelf inside the grip from 90deg to about 45deg, and some fees cap just because, and its seems all good now. My oem plastic grips had some trigger bar rub, but never a hard hangup.

And if you want the CZ75 side swell duplicated on a 92 model, this is it hot damn.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing what happened. I have the A4 as well and am looking at other grip options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top