Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2023 2:48:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M60-E4]
Just got her in today. Gun feels great, great sights, safety is crisp going on but a bit mushy going off, trigger is a slight bit heavy but damn decent for the price, and frame to slide fit is really pretty tight. I think she’s going off to MK3 Firearms for a trigger job and 11degree crown.

As a long time and  multiple FN/ BHP owner I’m Very impressed on first impressions

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have the mag safety? It looks great and look forward to a range review.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
No mag safety… the trigger breaks pretty clean… just heavy

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Aside from the logo I’m digging those grips
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By M60-E4:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M60-E4:

Originally Posted By 10mmillie:

That sounds the same as the trigger on my Ops model.  I ended up replacing the sear spring and tweaking the tension on it until pressing on the sear with my finger felt the same as my other Hi-powers.  This produced a trigger break at about 5.5lb.  Slightly heavier than I'd like, but better than it was originally.  I'm aware that taking too much tension off of the sear can increase the risk of hammer follow, but by using my other Hi-powers as a control, I don't think I'm close to that point.  

When you shoot it, watch for the edge on the back of the safety levers.  Those made shooting more than a couple of mags very uncomfortable until I replaced the safety with a cylinder&slide ambi.  None of my others have the Browning style of extended ambi safety, so I don't know if that sharp edge is common or if it's a spot where Girsan cut corners (or didn't, pun intended ).
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like the looks of that.  Very handsome without being flashy.  It looks like it could take care of business and look good while doing so.  

I had an original BHP when younger.  Unfortunately it was stolen and never recovered, thats been over 35 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M60-E4] [#7]
Got her back today… may be a week or so till I can get her to the range. The frame to slide fit is nice a snug but the slide action is butter smooth. The trigger is just a hair under 3lbs and has immediate wall and no creep. Mk3 Firearms did a fantastic job!!!

Here is what I had done ….

11 Degree Crown
Single Stage Trigger Job
Tighten Frame/ Slide
Mk3 Logo
Beveled Edges of Beaver Tail
Black Cerakote
Nighthawk Wood Grips

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Got to the range today… pistol shoots great. Head shots were at 25 yards and center mass was 15 yards.

I made a slight adjustment to the right and took a shot at 15 yards. No damn complaints here..

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like exactly what I want to do with mine. I'm afraid to ask, but how much did the work set you back?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:10:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Is it compatible with 13 rd Hi Power mags?
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes….runs 15 and 13 rd mags just fine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top