Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2024 10:24:29 PM EDT
Does the M&P 2.0 Competitor have the "Performance" trigger like the OD Green Spec Series?

Are the only compatible magazines the 17rd with baseplates that come with it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Regular M&P full size mags will work if the plastic funnel is removed from the grip base of the M&P Competitor.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Any “performance center” trigger will be complete junk you will want to replace with an Apex FSS trigger kit anyway. You will also want to replace the factory magazine basepads with aftermarket extensions like TTI or Taylor Freelance.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:
Any “performance center” trigger will be complete junk you will want to replace with an Apex FSS trigger kit anyway. You will also want to replace the factory magazine basepads with aftermarket extensions like TTI or Taylor Freelance.
View Quote

I will not be replacing the "new" 2.0 trigger with an Apex kit.

My understanding is that the OD Green 2.0 Metal Spec Series has an even better trigger than the standard polymer versions.

Does anyone know if the Competitor also has this trigger?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By huntsimp87:

My understanding is that the OD Green 2.0 Metal Spec Series has an even better trigger than the standard polymer versions.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By huntsimp87:
Any "performance center" trigger will be complete junk you will want to replace with an Apex FSS trigger kit anyway. You will also want to replace the factory magazine basepads with aftermarket extensions like TTI or Taylor Freelance.

My competitor trigger pull was slightly lighter than my polymer guns, but it still had that same annoying hitch/gritty feel that all of them have. $35 APEX USB took care of that. It's not a full apex kit, but it's 90ish% of one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Wrong. The competitor trigger I tried was quite nice and very crisp. Same with the performance center trigger in my Pro series 5”
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#6]
When you remove the plastic funnel grip base as I did sometimes during dry fire practice the grip panels become loose and come off in my hand.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 26120:
When you remove the plastic funnel grip base as I did sometimes during dry fire practice the grip panels become loose and come off in my hand.
View Quote

Thanks, did not know that.
Link Posted: Today 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
When you removed your mag funnel did you also return frame tool in grip.
Link Posted: Today 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I've Apex'ed a 2.0, and then purchased the .45 version with the new trigger. Did not feel the need to upgrade that trigger. Good to go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top