Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2024 1:20:17 PM EDT
Found these pics while crusing through reddit. I know most people don't like thumb safeties, however I do as a life long 1911 shooter. Would like to know if the owner is on here, or perhaps someone else has done this. Thanks

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:49:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Slingblade2006] [#1]
I have added a thumb safety to my M&P 45 1.0.  It had the frame cut out for the safety filled with removal plastic plugs.  I cannot tell by the picture, but if S&W left room for a safety on the metal frame, maybe there is plugs that can be removed.

Edit, I searched S&W web site.  They don't show a M&P metal with thumb safety.  Wondering if the Reddit pic is real or not?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:27:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt653] [#2]
I am also a life long 1911/2011 shooter

All my M&P pistols came with factory thumb safetys

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top