Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2024 12:08:40 PM EDT
Took my new Match for it's initial sight in.

The gun is more accurate than my 63 year old eyes and at 15 yds was going into 2 inches no problem.

Went through 200 rounds with the 2 Tisas supplied 8 round mags and 4 each of CMC RPM 8 and 10 rounders.
Had a failure to feed with a CMC 8 round mag with 3 rounds left in the mag around the 150 mark.
Cleared the round and the mag, then spritzed some Gunzilla CLP into the ejection port with the slide locked open. No other reliability issues after.

There was no change of point of aim/impact after adjusting the sights, which took five 3 round groups at the mentioned 15 yds.

BUT!
When cleaning the pistol at home, I thought I felt the rear sight move laterally in the slide dove tail. I tried wiggling it without a whole lot of force and it felt solid.
A couple minutes later, I thought it moved again and sure enough, when I wiggled it this time with a little more force, it would move about an 1/8 inch to the right, move back to center when pushed, and then another 1/8 inch to the left, and so on.

The two 1.5 mm had apparently backed out from recoil during the range session. I fully removed them, applied lock-tite, carefully lined the holes in the sight with the mounting holes in the slide, and reinstalled/tightened the screws down.

Not really an issue with the quality of the pistol. In my view, anyway.

I strongly recommend everyone that has the Match to lock-tite their screws before heading out to the range or relying on the pistol for any kind of defensive work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top