Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2023 11:41:30 AM EDT
Just an FYI the price of the Match pistol is ~$300 lower at this time. I just picked one up for $652 shipped.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
uh

Where?

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Battlehawk Armory.

Picked it up today.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Gorgeous gun
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Add to cart for lowest price. Only dropped to $849 for me, though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]
yea I got the same thing before I posted the Where question.

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 3:47:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HEATH223] [#7]
Guess I just got lucky and caught it at the right time. I had been looking at them for a few weeks. I looked and couldn’t find it but I got an email from another company that the price on them had dropped.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I am actually curious about their Match pistol. What are your initial impressions?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I have yet to shoot it and I am no expert on fine guns but. It mostly seems well made. Unlubed there is hardly no side to side play and very little up and down play in the frame to slide fit. Lubed there is almost none in any direction. The same goes for the barrel to bushing to slide fit. The overall finish and machining looks great. The only bad thing I have to say about it is the safety. It's loose from side to side and is not as tight/locked in, in the safe and fire positions(spongy I call it). I've emailed CS about the safety and seems like they don't want to do anything about it so far. For the price I paid for it if they refuse to fix the safety issue I won't be too upset. If I had not caught that deal on it and paid 1K+ for it I would very upset.

CS's first response...
The Match safeties are not intended to be perfectly symmetrical, however they do use a shim to keep them tight to the frame. Are you able to provide a video of the saftey actuating? Thank you!

I sent videos then got this...
If it does not interfere with the function of the firearm or hinder the safety of it then it will be of little concern.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyan1de23] [#10]
Just snagged myself one off of Dahlonga Armory.  $590 shipped.  Can't wait to see what Santa brings next

Received it a day later. Fit and finish check out - it’s a beauty. For the price I'm shocked. Should be able to test fire in the next couple of days.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 7:36:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: parrisisland1978] [#11]
Originally Posted By cyan1de23:
Just snagged myself one off of Dahlonga Armory.  $590 shipped.  Can't wait to see what Santa brings next

Received it a day later. Fit and finish check out - it’s a beauty. For the price I'm shocked. Should be able to test fire in the next couple of days.
View Quote

@cyan1de23
Thanks for posting this!
I have been looking to get one for awhile and this price was too good to pass up. I almost bought TWO!
Lots of 45 ammo here:https://www.sgammo.com/
Best Regards.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By parrisisland1978:

@cyan1de23
Thanks for posting this!
I have been looking to get one for awhile and this price was too good to pass up. I almost bought TWO!
Lots of 45 ammo here:https://www.sgammo.com/
Best Regards.
View Quote

Man I’m already looking at buying one of their carry model Stingray 1911s to go along with it. At battlehawk armory you can get them for $500 shipped all in. PSA has the Devil Ray for $399! … eek, hide my wallet!
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:47:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HEATH223:
I have yet to shoot it and I am no expert on fine guns but. It mostly seems well made. Unlubed there is hardly no side to side play and very little up and down play in the frame to slide fit. Lubed there is almost none in any direction. The same goes for the barrel to bushing to slide fit. The overall finish and machining looks great. The only bad thing I have to say about it is the safety. It's loose from side to side and is not as tight/locked in, in the safe and fire positions(spongy I call it). I've emailed CS about the safety and seems like they don't want to do anything about it so far. For the price I paid for it if they refuse to fix the safety issue I won't be too upset. If I had not caught that deal on it and paid 1K+ for it I would very upset.

CS's first response...
The Match safeties are not intended to be perfectly symmetrical, however they do use a shim to keep them tight to the frame. Are you able to provide a video of the saftey actuating? Thank you!

I sent videos then got this...
If it does not interfere with the function of the firearm or hinder the safety of it then it will be of little concern.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44378/unnamed__17__jpg-2987547.JPG
View Quote

Hard Pass
Rather spend a bit more on a Dan Wesson
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#14]
@HEATH223
If the safety is spongy on a 1911, the first thing that I would check would be the plunger spring.
Possible that it is just weak, or even short.
Try carefully stretching it just a tad or order a new one from Wolff’s.
If I have any issues with mine I’ll just get the whole 1911 spring kit from Wolff’s anyway.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Following up on my earlier post: I had a chance to shoot a box of ammo after work and I am still thoroughly impressed. It needed lubrication straight out of the box, but it ran flawless.

I’ve owned a lot of 1911 and 2011 pistols from manufacturers like Springfield to Atlas. This gun for the money is ultimate value.

15 yards slow fire trigger control

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By cyan1de23:
Following up on my earlier post: I had a chance to shoot a box of ammo after work and I am still thoroughly impressed. It needed lubrication straight out of the box, but it ran flawless.

I’ve owned a lot of 1911 and 2011 pistols from manufacturers like Springfield to Atlas. This gun for the money is ultimate value.

15 yards slow fire trigger control

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/269528/IMG_5966_jpeg-3065695.JPG
View Quote

Nice!
Mine is going to arrive at the FFL tomorrow but his Fedx truck doesn’t show up until after 16:00.

Any druthers?
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By parrisisland1978:
@HEATH223
If the safety is spongy on a 1911, the first thing that I would check would be the plunger spring.
Possible that it is just weak, or even short.
Try carefully stretching it just a tad or order a new one from Wolff’s.
If I have any issues with mine I’ll just get the whole 1911 spring kit from Wolff’s anyway.
View Quote

I kinda felt insulted at the response I got from Tisas CS on my safety. I decided I was going to replace it so why not see what I could do with this one first. I did some tweaking to it and got the levers heights evened out, removed the play in the right side & got most of the slop out(I did just as you said to get the slop out). One thing I noticed different from the small sample of 1911's I've had over the years is where the plunger contacts the safety there was a "pocket" milled into the safety. Instead of it riding along the edge of the lever it would drop into this pocket in the fire position. Also the cross pin/shaft part of the safety sets in a sleeve.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#18]

I kinda felt insulted at the response I got from Tisas CS on my safety. I decided I was going to replace it so why not see what I could do with this one first. I did some tweaking to it and got the levers heights evened out, removed the play in the right side & got most of the slop out(I did just as you said to get the slop out). One thing I noticed different from the small sample of 1911's I've had over the years is where the plunger contacts the safety there was a "pocket" milled into the safety. Instead of it riding along the edge of the lever it would drop into this pocket in the fire position. Also the cross pin/shaft part of the safety sets in a sleeve.
View Quote

Sounds like a EGW Copy regarding the sleeve on the two mating "cross-shaft" pins, dont remember if it has the divot for the pin or not off the top of my head.

nice gun, Im fighting with myself to NOT buy one at this point , need another 1911 45 like I need a .45 hole in my head.  Building one now but it just looks so good and its so freaking INEXPENSIVE...
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:36:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: parrisisland1978] [#19]

View Quote

@HEATH223,
Link to one of the YouTube videos I have saved for 1911 work.
Details fitting a safety and near the end specifically talks about that spring detent dimple.
https://youtu.be/xb2L0MY08BI?si=WV0zJ-lYSNVBLBC6

Edit: I will most likely replace the safety anyway because I am not a fan of ambidextrous ones, especially on 1911’s.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:27:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: parrisisland1978] [#20]
Picked up mine this morning. Very happy with it.

The pistol comes in a sturdy plastic, lockable carry case with fitted areas for the pistol, a combination barrel bushing/slide release removal tool, two 8 round mags, cleaning brush and rod, cable lock, plastic trigger guard lock, orange chamber flag, 9 x 11 chamois type cloth, and an actual owner/instruction manual instead of a note telling me to look for a manual online.

The pistol is beautiful in both looks and fitment. The safeties are crisp and positive both sides. There is no play in the slide/frame, barrel bushing, barrel hood, hammer, slide release, or grip safety. The muzzle has a very well done target type crown.

The trigger pull measured 4 pounds exactly on my FFL's scale and broke clean after 1/16 inch take up according to dial calipers. There was no overtravel at all.

Field stripped, the barrel link has a very small amount of side to side play, but none up and down. There were ZERO machining marks anywhere. Inside or out.

The sights are very well made, and also fitted perfectly. Both are serrated. The checkering and slide serrations are crisp and clean. I cannot believe that this pistol was only $590 shipped.

Unfortunately, range work won't be happening for a few weeks. I can't wait to see if it shoots as well as it is made.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I’ve been wanting a Tisas Match for a while but didn’t want to spend the $1k.
I figured they’d eventually be on sale but didn’t expect mid $600 range and to see some of you guys paid under $600 got me hunting one online since I couldn’t sleep tonight.
No luck on any of the places you guys found them, seems the sale they were all having are over. Also, seems like they were also all sourcing them from the same drop shipper, IDK?

Anyhow, I tried Gunbroker and actually found one for $660 buy now price with free shipping, state sales tax made it $706.

Probably won’t have it in hand until after the new year but still I’m pretty excited especially after reading some of your remarks about them and reviews online.

I’ll post my thoughts on mine when it arrives and I get some range time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Just a thought for owners of the Tisas Match, how is the extended magazine well attached?

Is it attached to the main spring housing, hooked over the grip screw bushings, is it part of the frame or some other way???

I want to change out the grips for a different style and color but want to know what to shop for.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Princeton:
Just a thought for owners of the Tisas Match, how is the extended magazine well attached?

Is it attached to the main spring housing, hooked over the grip screw bushings, is it part of the frame or some other way???

I want to change out the grips for a different style and color but want to know what to shop for.

Thanks
View Quote

The magazine well is dovetailed into the mainspring housing.
The grips are actually very comfortable, are grippy without being annoying, and look better in person.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks, actually tracking mine USPS and seems like it might be delivered by tomorrow so maybe I will just wait and see what they are like before committing to change. Part of the reason of the change was for color though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:11:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: parrisisland1978] [#25]
Thanks, actually tracking mine USPS and seems like it might be delivered by tomorrow so maybe I will just wait and see what they are like before committing to change. Part of the reason of the change was for color though.
View Quote

I can’t stand ambi-safeties and flat mainspring housings. Planned on replacing both but after handling it and dry firing the shit out of it, I am not changing a thing.
I did have to file and stone the trigger contact on the grip safety and the edges of the ambi safety because of the effect on my large hands. The flat mainspring ones leave a gap right at the bottom of the grip safety and the ambi safety was uncomfortable and digging into my flesh.
Both still function correctly 100% but are much better suited to me now that I worked on them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

@Princeton

Did you ever receive your pistol? If so, what do you think about it?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:37:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#27]
Originally Posted By pctech:

@Princeton

Did you ever receive your pistol? If so, what do you think about it?
View Quote

@pctech

I only checked it out at the gun store when I picked it up.
I was pleased with the pistol. There were no obvious flaws. The trigger was very good. Obviously, not on par with a custom trigger job but better than my GI 1911 pistols.
The slide to frame fit was good, the fit of the pistol looked good, no rattles when I vigorously shook it.

Honestly, I haven’t picked it up since I got it home though to give it a better more thorough exam including field stripping it and looking under the hood.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:56:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#28]
Finally got out my recently purchased Tisas Match 1911 to get a closer look at it inside and out.
Aesthetically, it’s almost flawless. Not a stray scuff, scratch or machining mark anywhere on the outside.
And inside there aren’t any rough machining marks, way cleaner than I’d expect from a “cheap” 1911.

I did say almost though and that 1 flaw does kind of stand out but since it’s easily fixed with a diamond file I’m not complaining.
It’s a metal burr on the right side frame rail. Surprised it made its way through a QC check since the rest of the pistol is so flawless.

Attachment Attached File

The checkering on the front strap and main spring housing are just OK in my opinion. I’m used to an aggressive pointy checkering and on this pistol it isn’t aggressive as I’d like. About what I’d expect for the price though so I’m not complaining.
The main spring housing checkering has flats instead of points and the front strap are a mix of flats and not quite points.
Looks good from a distance and helps with gripping the pistol but could be better but again for the price it’s fine.

The only other thing that I’m not sure about but want to mention to see what others think is the barrel rifling. It seems shallower than I think it should be.
I tried to get a picture to show what I mean but just can’t.

Overall though, I’m pleased with my purchase so far. What really matters is getting it to the range and see how it works and how accurate it is or isn’t.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top