Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2023 4:38:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out]
Just picked up noted gun from LGS on a special order I placed with them. They had 2 Rivals; Darkside and also a gray frame with gold parts Rival. REALLY liked the grey/gold rival,but wanted a threaded barrel and was more particular about the included sights. There was/is a threaded and fluted barrel available on the Canik website. But $200+ :(.

So I start looking online for Canik stuff with the staff, who seem well versed in the Canik world. I see the newest Mete SFX Pro with a chromed/shiny, threaded 5.74" barrel. Blacked out rear sights with a tritium front post. One 18 and one 20 round magazine included. FLAT face trigger like the Rival, but in polymer vs the Rival's aluminum. Slide cutouts like the Rival. A really nice, low profile Canik branded magazine well on the gun also (black aluminum). Which turns out to be a huge positive IMO.

It arrived in 3 days and I put 100 rounds through it when I picked it up. Plus a magazine full with a suppressor. Really impressed! The gun makes you want to shoot fast! Amazing trigger shape and action/break. Had a few stovepipes at first. I did not clean the gun prior to, which is very not-me for a new gun. I suppose the excitement and convenience of shooting at their range was too much to pass lol.

Already ordered a Canik aluminum Rival/Mete trigger (blue) and some aluminum mag base plates. And an aluminum palm swell.

So I found one website with in-stock mags, but it doesn't look well-traveled. Sparsely populated with a few items only.  Anyone have recent, good experience with buying 18 or 20 round mags?

eta Happy Fathers Day
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought another canik.
Now I have 4 stock mags.

I did buy 2 promags and they haven't failed in any way.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Gregcottellc is a very reputable company as is RTGparts,who is a site sponsor.
Congratulations on the new Canik!
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
mikebaker1129
View Quote

Thanks! Got some mags inbound.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top