Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2024 3:19:15 AM EDT
Has anyone ever tried using a shield arms mag catch and mag in a dagger frame? Onky reason I ask is Im already invested in the shield mags and have had good results from them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a little early, being the Micro Dagger has only been out a week or 2. Maybe someone at PSA has tried it. With their lawsuit against Shield Arms, going on they probably won't comment.

PSA Micro Dagger mags work in my Glock 43X with the Shield Arms metal mag release. My Shield Arms Gen 2 mags and Gen 2 plus Taran Tactical +5 base plate also work flawlessly in my 43X.

If I can ever get my hands on a Micro Dagger frame (I have the slide already), my goal is to use the the PSA mags in it. I will test it with SA mags and the standard mag release. I don't see myself swapping out the mag release.

Micro Dagger Slide on my G43X
Attachment Attached File

My mag collection so far (minus the 2 OEM 10rd mags). I plan to buy another 2 or 3 PSA MD mags.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaskanforfreedom] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drobs:
It's a little early, being the Micro Dagger has only been out a week or 2. Maybe someone at PSA has tried it. With their lawsuit against Shield Arms, going on they probably won't comment.

PSA Micro Dagger mags work in my Glock 43X with the Shield Arms metal mag release. My Shield Arms Gen 2 mags and Gen 2 plus Taran Tactical +5 base plate also work flawlessly in my 43X.

If I can ever get my hands on a Micro Dagger frame (I have the slide already), my goal is to use the the PSA mags in it. I will test it with SA mags and the standard mag release. I don't see myself swapping out the mag release.

Micro Dagger Slide on my G43X
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/Micro_Dagger_Slide_Holosun_407k_jpg-3089860.JPG

My mag collection so far (minus the 2 OEM 10rd mags). I plan to buy another 2 or 3 PSA MD mags.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/Glock_43x_and_micro_dagger_mags_jpg-3089862.JPG
View Quote
Thats not true. They just havent had them in stock regularly until recently. Also frames were in stock as of yesterday. Eta and OOS today.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]
According to the poster in this thread, the SA mag catch works, and their gen 3 mags work in the Micro Dagger frame.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Micro-Dagger-Accessories-Thread/301-304996/#i4244641
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea, but I would not want to mix metal and plastic. Either metal catch and sheild mags or plastic catch and oem and psa.. I remember when i first got the sheild mags they started eating the catch up quick. I’m sure it wouldnt be as bad the other way around but wouldnt make a habit out of it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By boolzi:
Yea, but I would not want to mix metal and plastic. Either metal catch and sheild mags or plastic catch and oem and psa.. I remember when i first got the sheild mags they started eating the catch up quick. I'm sure it wouldnt be as bad the other way around but wouldnt make a habit out of it.
View Quote
Which is why in the body of the Op I mentioned the mag catch too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top